Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the floods in Northern England, I wonder how many public chargepoints are out of service due to flooding, and if so, and the when the waters recede, how many of them will need replacing or a major overhaul.

I've had a look on the online maps, and chargers in obviously flooded areas (Castle Car Park, York, for instance, right next to the River Foss) are still reporting as idle rather than out-of-service or unknown.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Wonder if anyone would be desperate, brave (or stupid) enough to charge at a flooded CP? :eek:

If you are.....
Pictures please of hair standing on end (y)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Simon, Castle car park didn't flood despite the extreme river levels, the Castle charging point was unaffected - I was stood next to this yesterday at peak flooding and the car park was not close to being breached. There are some pics online of nearby Clifford's Tower which gives the impression of the Ouse side water lapping the edges but the car park is on the far side of this and on much higher ground. The car park was about half full (half empty?) due to the travel advice not to visit York during the flooding and the number of road closures.

Communication with the Charge Your Car system was however lost for a few hours in the morning with the loss of 3g signal across the city centre due to flooding affecting communications in the city.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts