Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So your standard Halfords floor mats don't really fit the Leaf, they don't go under the front seats as I'm guessing part of the battery bay sits in the way.

Any recommendations on a good alternative?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I bought some cheap mats from Halfords and they were rubbish. In the end I bought the genuine Nissan rubber mats which are worth the money IMO. The drivers side has the anti-creep fitting, they fit the floor well perfectly and seem to be rugged enough to last a good while.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought the standard Nissan mats (the middle priced of the three options). They seem fine to. As Darren said, fit perfectly and anti-creep hooks on the drivers side. They have a rubber insert where the driver's feet go, otherwise they're nylon carpetty sort of stuff.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. I will speak to my Nissan dealer about their rubber mats, look forward to finding out how much these genuine Nissan mats are!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just received the ones that I bought from the Nissan ebay store. Sent 48 hour parcel force.

Nissan Genuine Leaf ZE0E Floor Mats Front And Rear KE7553NL20

I see they have holes in the drivers side mat but no posts to install in the car.
Are the posts already installed from the factory?

Obviously don't have the car yet ;)
Yeah there are hooks built into the car. You will need to rotate them though - I put my mats (got the rubber ones from the eBay store) in and thought I'd got the wrong type 'cos the driver side didn't seem right. But turns out the hooks for the mat to stop it sliding are rotated out the way for when there's no mats.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought mine from Carmats4U.com
The first set they sent didn't fit as there was a subtle change between Gen1 and Gen2 Leafs.
After I sent them a template they supplied a second set FOC. Had no problems with them 16 months later..

·
Exciting Times Ahead
300 Posts
I am also looking at getting mats. That amazon ones looks like a good option. It is a shame it does not come with the car. At least the two front ones

1 - 20 of 30 Posts