Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the "textile" (£50) floor mats as opposed to the "luxury carpet mats" (£95) from the brochure? Are they any good?

I just called the dealer to ask if they will be including mats in my son's Life & was told in no uncertain terms that I could buy some but they won't be included. I think the prices they charge for things like mats are disgusting & would never normally buy them but there don't seem to be any available online from third parties yet. The mats I bought for the eGolf are just as good as their luxury offering & only cost £25...

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,686 Posts
There are certainly third party mats available from a few producers. I have ordered some. Due here tomorrow. Basic price £26.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Home Bargains. £4.49.
Perhaps I should have been more specific - I'd rather have fitted mats with the correct lugs to prevent them slipping.

There are certainly third party mats available from a few producers. I have ordered some. Due here tomorrow. Basic price £26.
Where did you order from please? I've not been able to find any fitted ones.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Perhaps I should have been more specific - I'd rather have fitted mats with the correct lugs to prevent them slipping.

Sure, if you want to spend either 12 or 20 times as much.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,686 Posts

The company is called "your car parts.co.uk". Just put in the registration number and it identifies the vehicle.

Oh + £4.99 postage.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, they are similar to the ones I have in my eGolf. I'll see if the dealer decides to throw in the official ones first but may well order some from there.

·
Registered
ID3 Pro Performance Business
38 Posts
I went for the £50 mats and I’m really impressed with them. Can’t imagine how the others could be worth twice the price other than they have ID3 embroidered on them

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,851 Posts
I want the rubber mats for the front but I've been told there not available yet, and I'll pay the extra for the VW ones.
We have them in the e-Golf and they have a raised rim around the edge that keeps mud and water on the mat and the carpet beneath clean and dry.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,664 Posts
I want the rubber mats for the front but I've been told there not available yet, and I'll pay the extra for the VW ones.
We have them in the e-Golf and they have a raised rim around the edge that keeps mud and water on the mat and the carpet beneath clean and dry.
I ordered some rubber mats from volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk, they were showing as on back order but Cardiff VW called me on the 29th saying they were dispatching.

Haven’t arrived yet, but I’m trashing the stock carpet mats at the moment!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fortunately, I didn't need to make a decision in the end, our dealer put a set of mats in the car free of charge as a goodwill gesture after we had a load of hassle with VWFS systems being down so much while we were trying to sort out the finance.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,686 Posts
Fortunately, I didn't need to make a decision in the end, our dealer put a set of mats in the car free of charge as a goodwill gesture after we had a load of hassle with VWFS systems being down so much while we were trying to sort out the finance.
That's nice. I have asked for mats to be thrown in on every new car for years until, when I got the GTE I was told that it comes with mats. So I forgot to ask for them on the ID3!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are you sure? You have a 1st edition and its the only ID3 that comes from the factory with mats included. Unless of course he gave you rubber mats as well as the premium mats?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are you sure? You have a 1st edition and its the only ID3 that comes from the factory with mats included. Unless of course he gave you rubber mats as well as the premium mats?
I stated in my first post that I was talking about my son's Life model. I can see why you would assume I was talking about my car, as it's in my signature.

Reactions: 5erge

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,851 Posts
If anyone wants floor mats I have bought rubber ones for the front but not the back.
If someone wants a set of mats, and wants to pay half price for mats, I'll buy the rear ones as well and they can have my mats.

Neither sets are particularly thick mats so third party mats made to fit the ID3 would probably look as good, but mine could be available if anyone wants a set.

I've also found my first fault, when I unclipped the passenger mat the clip in the floor came off with the mat.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The company is called "your car parts.co.uk". Just put in the registration number and it identifies the vehicle.

Oh + £4.99 postage.
Can you say how long they took to arrive please? Ordered mine on 29 December and despite an email, a contact form message and leaving a voicemail, they have yet to arrive.

Reactions: Jon Chalk
1 - 20 of 72 Posts