Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Fluence ZE Dynamique 2012
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get my ZE services going so I can find car charging status and activate pre conditioning. Says "ZE Services Unavailable". Status of IMEI and SIM are OK.

Do I need to take out a subscription with TomTom in order to activate ZE Services or have Renault just retired this feature?

My local garage (after £120) and the ZE services helpline were as useful as a ZE car without a battery.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I gave up on this, as Renault seemed determined not to help. I believe you can only find out charge level, not activate pre conditioning.

Did you get a code from the Renault dealer, to put into the app?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think OVMS hardware could replace the functionality if the open-source software will be tuned for Renault ZE vehicles. I might look into it this summer.

Later edit: Actually it works in beta mode with Renault Zoe. The can bus communication is similar to Renault Fluence ZE. So, little work needed to make it work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gave up on this, as Renault seemed determined not to help. I believe you can only find out charge level, not activate pre conditioning.

Did you get a code from the Renault dealer, to put into the app?
Thanks. Yes, I have the code, but it does not work. Also the My Renault app has replaced ZE Services app and I suspect Renault does not want to own up that it no longer supports a Fluence.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If you really want this to work, you have to pay Tomtom for their service as well. Then it might work, but frankly what's the point? You'll soon get to know how long you need to charge the car for under any circumstances.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think OVMS hardware could replace the functionality if the open-source software will be tuned for Renault ZE vehicles. I might look into it this summer.

Later edit: Actually it works in beta mode with Renault Zoe. The can bus communication is similar to Renault Fluence ZE. So, little work needed to make it work.
Thanks. Can you elaborate on "little work"? Happy to try, but not a can bus expert.
If you really want this to work, you have to pay Tomtom for their service as well. Then it might work, but frankly what's the point? You'll soon get to know how long you need to charge the car for under any circumstances.
Thank you. That's the bit that Renault could not tell me. They did try to find out from TomTom (I think from their separate sold-off TCU division), but their support is equally poor.

I'm trying to balance day time charging and night time economy rates. The pre-conditioning would be useful too in Winter.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I don't think the preconditioning in my Fluence works any more. If you check the manual, it says it won't start until the battery is fully charged. However, my battery is old, and so never gets fully charged. It always shows 45 minutes to go, however long I leave it connected. Hence preconditioning never starts.

If you need to pre-heat, do what I do, and leave an oil filled radiator in the rear passenger footwell. When you disconnect, put a blanket over it and push the seat right back to stop it moving in an accident.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts