Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that @cjm_2013 has suggested flyers be available at rapid chargers for people to get more info on EVs and that perhaps Nissan should consider a Roadshow at rapid chargers to try to engage the public.

Firstly, where are flyers going to be stored at the Rapids? They are out in the open and open to the elements. Who will stock them? It would need a team of people visiting the rapids making sure they are stocked with flyers. It is a nice idea but totally impractical. However, a good alternative is gor EV drivers to carry some flyers in their car to hand out. I do this myself and it works very well. If I find someone who is asking lots of questions I offer them a flyer. It is always gratefully received.

As for the roadshow... again, it is a problem of money and benefit vs cost. Even if it was properly signed how many people would be interested in a day? Not that many and yet Nissan or Ecotricity would have to fund it with a Nissan representative. I just don't think it is something that Nissan would consider as it wouldn't have enough impact.

I have suggested exactly this to Simon Crowfoot at Ecotricity and he was very luke warm about it as he didn't see the benefits worthwhile in terms of scale and that was with me volunteering instead of him needing to pay for staff.

I plan to drive my car to a suitable rapid charger when the weather improves and just talk to people and hand out flyers. We could all do that ourselves and it will have just as much impact IMO... perhaps more as we are owners and so not selling anything.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone interested in EVs that might want a bit more info... perhaps debunking the common myths in the process.

This is exactly the kind of thing the EVDA-UK should be doing IMO but they are basically dormant until they get some funding and some volunteers to actually do stuff. Pity.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Anyone interested in EVs that might want a bit more info... perhaps debunking the common myths in the process.

This is exactly the kind of thing the EVDA-UK should be doing IMO but they are basically dormant until they get some funding and some volunteers to actually do stuff. Pity.
It's on our to-do list at the moment, I will be starting to arrange the next group meeting soon.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx Matt. BTW That wasn't intended as a dig. I realised after that it may have come over as one but that was not the intention. Sorry if you felt that it was. :)

<soapbox>
Please, anyone reading this, if you own an EV then we must start to organise and the way to do it is for every EV owner in the UK, both online and off, to join the EVDA-UK. If we can get together sufficient numbers that are represented by the EVDA-UK then we can have our voice heard at OLEV and elsewhere. The EVDA-UK have already represented EV drivers to OLEV in a recent consultation. We should all get behind them.

Look at: http://www.evda-uk.org/
</soapbox>

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for posting the leaflet Paul. I have also joined EVDA and am very grateful to them for responding to OLEV on our behalf. As an 'ordinary member of the public' I found I couldn't give any meaningful answers to the OLEV consultation but EVDA gave a cracking response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts