Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time its appeared in nearly 5 years. EMM I do see, I don't think it's been refueled for about a year now and there is about a gallon left. Looks like I need to take it for spin and burn some dinos, I'll aim for @ 1/4 gallon left then put 2 in that should satisfy the fuel imps.

This is all the lockdown fault , not been doing any real mileage for months!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For interest, the gauge went to low with the pump and last bar turning orange at about 35 miles remaining.
The final bar disappeared later, message on screen is Fuel Level Low, no range given. 1600167592085.png

Ran this till I guess @ 10 mile remaining from the petrol mileage and then stuck a tenners worth of V-power in for the next year...

Really must get a full BEV but difficult to justify :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
We've taken the plunge and we're picking up an ex-demo eNiro on Friday. I have to say, my excitement for a new toy is really rather tempered by my sadness at the prospect of saying goodbye to Ampy after only 18 months of largely solid service.

Somewhat ironically, the descision was fueled (pun may be intended) by the lockdown. The lack of long journeys gave us >350 contiguous miles without burning a drop of the bad stuff, before EMM kicked in. That was pretty satisfying. Then we went to Somerset for a few days where we couldn't charge at all, resulting in 418 miles on the ICE :eek:. We lost a mile from the Lifetime MPG!

It made us realise how guiltly we feel every time we drive far enough to use petrol. And with travel remaining a fairly unknown quantity in the current situation and future, we anticipate using the car for a lot more long (possibly trans-continental) journeys in the coming year or so.

So the plan was to test-drive an eNiro and get on the waiting list, but the dealership had a 2019 First Edition with only 3000 miles on the clock with almost 10k off the list price, so we got a little impulsive :LOL:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts