Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I wondered why you had a nice case for your granny cable, then I noticed you have a Leaf 30 Tekna. The new Leaf has a cheap drawstring bag.

And that looks like a Celestron Nexstar 6SE - though the accessory tray is different and the tube isn't orange. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeff,

Good guess, it's a Celestron Evolution 9.25 with StarSense and the small part is a Syris 236M with colour filter wheel :)

One of the main reasons I bought the Leaf is so I can take the telescope to darker parts of Jersey like the North and North West.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Have you tried putting the granny cable in the cubby where the jack goes? I can fit the granny cable, the compressor, the liquid repair stuff and the locking wheel nut all in there out of the way, then I use the bag for the Type-2/Type-1 cable. I also find the first aid kit velcros above the sub against the back of the seat quite securely

Not that you asked for boot tidying options, just sticking my oar in ;)

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've not looked in the jack cubby yet :ROFLMAO:

I'll have a good look on my week off next week, thanks :)
The brick of the EVSE fits fairly nicely in the formed metal where the jack used to go if that helps. Then just feed the cable into the remaining space.

EDIT: Got bored whilst sat here in the car anyway, took pics. Needs a hoover.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update! Foam completed, including some more cutting and some pieces glued in place, filled the left hand side, and some pieces to keep things from moving round when I hit potholes (of which Jersey has loads!). Bag on the left is my Canon EOS 750D that I piggyback onto the telescope.

DSC_1034.JPG

DSC_1046.JPG

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do you not worry the ota will roll around?

I have the same scope and also a leaf.
I purchased a padded fishing bag that fits the ota perfectly to protect it. Mount goes in a large plastic storage box, tripod goes on the seat.

·
Registered
567 Posts
For more storage you can put loads under the bonnet...

Here you go.

On the Left is the Power brick cable and bag. On the Right is the type 2 cable and bag.
There is an extension lead for the power brick charger or ourselves if we need power in a tent or both.
The green bag has an euro plug adapter cables with polarity tester for those tricky french Schuco chargers.

There is also underneath the green bag a tyre pump. Though I have now realised that there is a pump in the back of the boot area in the left side panel next to a towing bar and first aid kit. I really should read the manual.

View attachment 29265

I just find opening the bonnet easier than hoofing around the boot for the cables as I need to be at the front of the car to charge it anyway.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you not worry the ota will roll around?

I have the same scope and also a leaf.
I purchased a padded fishing bag that fits the ota perfectly to protect it. Mount goes in a large plastic storage box, tripod goes on the seat.

Nope. The OTA mounting bar is on the left and digging into the foam. On the right I have it wedged in with a foam pad. If I push it or try rolling it, it doesn't move.

My tripod is laid on the back seat too.

DSC_1036.JPG

DSC_1037.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts