Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Spray using the nozzle extension into the left upper corner.
You are trying to get the lubricant into the vertical tube at the back of the mirror casing that the wires come up through.

In these photos the mirror cover and glass are removed.

You are aiming at the end of my index finger, ideally by catching the end of the extension tube of the spray under the lip of the body of the mirror that can be seen above my finger tip.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
869 Posts
You are trying to get the lubricant into the vertical tube at the back of the mirror casing that the wires come up through.
View attachment 132916

View attachment 132917

You are aiming at the end of my index finger, ideally by catching the end of the extension tube of the spray under the lip of the body of the mirror that can be seen above my finger tip.
Beautifully demonstrated DK!

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,667 Posts
Yeah, I'm on my third set of mirrors (all replaced under warranty).

Now that the warranty is out I've just decided I don't care! Eventually I'll get around to spraying some lube down there...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just spent 1/2 hour spraying all sorts of lube into the mirror gap , The mirrors now make more noise that before

DOH !!

·
Registered
66 Posts
View attachment 132916

View attachment 132917

Is it difficult getting the mirror cars off ? not keen on breaking it

141 - 148 of 148 Posts