Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 3 years lease plan ends in September and I'm considering different options. I was considering to replace my eGolf by the ID.3 but, after having visited a couple of car dealerships and checking the ID.3 in person, I feel that the interior quality is significant worse than the eGolf while the price is higher.

Now, I'm considering even to purchase the eGold and keep it for a really long time. It has now around 28,500 miles. I posted a few months ago the estimated battery degradation that it has had in these last 3 years (around a 3% per year). However, I'm not sure if the measures that I got with the OBD eleven are really meaningful.

It would be really interesting for me to know the opinion of some of you who have driven these car for more than 5 years or done large mileages and if you have noticed a high battery degradation.

Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have 30,000 miles on my 2017 e-Golf made in late 2017, purchased in March 2018. Battery deg is about 6 to 8% (hard to pinpoint). I own it so plan to keep for a while.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,860 Posts
I faced a similar decision back in November, and in the end went for a new ID.3. Yes, the quality isn't as nice as an e-Golf, but you quickly stop making comparisons. The most important factor is the bigger battery (I have the 58kWh) and it completely changes how you view medium length journeys. You also don't get the front wheels spinning when you set off; the rear wheel don't spin much either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I initially leased and then purchased my eGolf DEC2014. It currently has 49K miles and I have not experienced a significant battery capacity degradation -- 90 mile summer range in upstate NY USA. My only issue has been an occasional charging plug disconnect issue. I enjoy the handling and ergonomics of the vehicle; the console shift lever gives the feeling of a manual transmission vehicle. I am not thrilled with the ergonomics or the ID4 which is its replacement vehicle stateside.

·
Registered
122 Posts
40k miles here - 2018 car. Consistently showing 173 miles on full charge - haven't noticed any battery degradation, but have had a couple of charging issues/errors fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
935 Posts
42k miles, registered April 2018. Not noticed any degradation, although I keep forgetting to ask if it can be formally measured when it goes for a service.

Briefly had a bit of trouble persuading the car to rapid charge on CCS earlier this year. I cleaned the connectors of the socket on the car and no issues since.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not massive miles, but after 2 years and 22k miles, my battery capacity was reported by VW service centre as 96%. Will be getting it checked again this year and I would hope less degradation this year due to lower miles travelled and next to no rapid charges. I would add that the available range does not appear to have reduced in any way since new despite the many variables involved, so guess the 4% loss may be taken up by the unusable battery capacity?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've just clicked over 50,000 miles on our June 2018 car. Interested to hear a dealer told another owner their battery condition. I asked Martins of Basingstoke on latest service and they couldn't tell me. So far, no noticeable range change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts