Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We are thinking of selling our lovely little C-zero and just putting out feelers for interest to see if it is worth selling or holding on to.

We bought it from another forum members in 2017 to use as a little run around to complement our PHEV, which my wife struggled with around town.

The electric bug bit (for my wife - I was already hooked) and we replaced the PHEV (sold that to another forum member!) with a Kona last year and intended to sell the C-zero at the same time. However, it had endeared itself to us and become so useful that we didn’t get around to it. We’ve spent the last year arguing over who gets to use the ‘go-kart’ as the kids call it, as it is so easy to bomb around country lanes, villages and towns. Perfect for the school run chaos.

However - the driveway is looking unnecessarily crowded and I’ve just about contained my temptations to butcher the poor thing as a donor car for some Frankenstein (and no doubt misguided) EV conversion project.

We aren’t desperate to sell as the car is still being used regularly and serving a purpose - but if there is interest from genuine buyers, we are looking to sell so won’t be wasting anyone’s time. Keen to get some levels of interest from the community. Can provide photos if there is interest - and more details. Fire away with questions and I’ll do my best to answer them. I think the spec on these was fairly standard - this one is white with a brownish cloth interior. Only stand out features i that it has winter tyres on the rear ready for the coming season - as last year we were anticipating some fun from the RWD configuration.

We are based in West Kent.

John

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Presumably there is no remaining manufacturers warranty?
Can you advise on battery condition?
What maintenance has been carried out?
What price are you looking for?

Has the airbag recall been completed?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Presumably there is no remaining manufacturers warranty?
Can you advise on battery condition?
What maintenance has been carried out?
What price are you looking for?

Has the airbag recall been completed?
I don’t believe there is any warrant - haven’t had a need to look into to.

I’m not completely sure about the battery, I believe that last time it was checked it as around 85% - but don’t quote me on it. We generally see around 60miles on the GOM when fully charged at home, but our drive to home is always a little uphill and we don’t drive carefully. The last ‘long’ drive was my sister-in-law who took it 44miles on mainly motorways (but she was carefully and stayed around 60mph) and arrived with range showing a little over 20miles).

As a result of the MOT at the end of last year I believe the discs and pads were replaced all round. New all season tyres went on the front and winter on the rear.

The airbag recall hasn’t been sorted - I’ve had it booked in twice; and twice had the dealer cancel on me. Can get this sorted (hopefully with Mitsubishi instead) before selling.

Open to sensible offers on price - my inclination is that prices haven’t really come down on this car in the time we’ve owned it and it we’ve put very little mileage on it.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Might be a problem getting Mitsubishi to do the job on several fronts:

1/ It's a recall, the manufacturer pays for the job and it has to be carried out by a franchised dealer. Eg a Peugeot dealer can't do recall work on a Citroen and vice versa let alone a Mitsubishi or the reverse.
2/ Mitsubishi dealers have a different service tool which isn't compatible with Pug/Citroen

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might be a problem getting Mitsubishi to do the job on several fronts:

1/ It's a recall, the manufacturer pays for the job and it has to be carried out by a franchised dealer. Eg a Peugeot dealer can't do recall work on a Citroen and vice versa let alone a Mitsubishi or the reverse.
2/ Mitsubishi dealers have a different service tool which isn't compatible with Pug/Citroen
Ah - good point. Well I’m due to chase it up with Citroen. They were happy they could do it, but the relevant tech wasn’t available on the days.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Its worth around £4,500 privately, values have gone up recently due to new low emission zones and more people considering electric cars.

A month or so ago I sold my 2011 i-miev with 14k for that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its worth around £4,500 privately, values have gone up recently due to new low emission zones and more people considering electric cars.

A month or so ago I sold my 2011 i-miev with 14k for that.
Thanks. That's pretty consistent with my expectations. It would seem that normal depreciation for age is likely to be have been off-set by increased interest in EV's generally, meaning the prices have been largely stable over the last year or two.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Realistically no one is going to offer to buy your car unless you're actually selling it. These cars do sell, the question is, are you actually selling it or not ?!?!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This car is now for sale.

The asking price is £4,500. This is lower than other listings I've seen but seems to reflect reasonable expectations and I would prefer to take a more straight forward approach with the community.

Here are some further details and photos below:

• Mileage 37,600
  • MOT - Until Dec 19;
  • Tyres - All new last year at MOT, including winters on the rear;
  • Brakes - replaced at last MOT;
  • General Condition - Excellent. No damage to exterior or interior, except for normal scuffs for the age. Alloys have a few dings;
  • A/C working well and blow cold;
  • Everything works as it should;
  • Airbag recall is being arranged and can be dealt with prior to sale, but this may not be for a week or two.
Standard spec, I believe, including:
  • Type 1 3.7kw on-board charger (Type 2 cable and 13amp three pin cable included);
  • Chademo fast charging;
  • CD, USB and Bluetooth Audio, with handsfree;
  • A/C;
  • Central locking;
  • Electric folding mirrors;
  • Alloy wheels;
Vehicle is kept in West Kent (midway between Sevenoaks and Maidstone). Can see the vehicle either at home evenings/weekends or potentially at work (nearer Maidstone) - both by prior arrangement.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Realistically no one is going to offer to buy your car unless you're actually selling it. These cars do sell, the question is, are you actually selling it or not ?!?!
Thanks Gary,

As you will see - as you posted your message I was in the process of putting together another post confirming that it is for sale and providing some photos and confirming details.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Glad to see 'Casper' is still going strong! Although we love the Soul we have now, these definitely have a certain charm. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Drew!

Good to hear from you again. Probably should have asked the car's name before we took ownership :)

You'll be pleased to know Casper hasn't skipped a beat since we took it on from you. A much loved member of the family that will be missed. The kids keep complaining that we are selling it!

Maybe not a car for every occasion - but it excels when used for the purpose it was intended.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Short journeys, urban environments and in our case narrow country lanes.

Never owned a car better for these sort of trips and the reason why we kept it long its replacement had arrived and it continued to be the car of choice in our family for the school run or trip to the shops.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts