Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chargers, little used, from 2008 & 2010, with plugs and short leads. Black case. £350 - £375. Quite a number available. Please email if interested farestageXXyahoo.co.uk please replace the XX with @ otherwise I'll never hear from you! Thank you for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Any of the red units?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Hello, you have a choice of colours Mike, there's black, black and a few black ones along with some other black ones hiding at the back..... :)
Ah. Never mind. The red ones have a few updates which we need.

Good luck with them!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Any idea what the differences are between a red one and a black one, apart from the obvious (the colour) even I can make that one out,
and why a red one may be better than a black one.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea what the differences are between a red one and a black one, apart from the obvious (the colour) even I can make that one out,
and why a red one may be better than a black one.
Thanks.
I believe that the black ones are rated 3.3kw and the red ones a tad more. There may be some other minor upgrades in the software too.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ok thanks for that,
The power output differences are of no great importance, at least for me, but software may be different, can they be upgraded to introduce the newer software and improvements?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Ok thanks for that,
The power output differences are of no great importance, at least for me, but software may be different, can they be upgraded to introduce the newer software and improvements?
Thanks.
From memory the major changes are with:

CAN Matrix / structure - not compatible with some modern BMS etc.

Load balancing between chargers (e.g with two chargers on a 16a connection both will take half the load).

J1772 communication.

If you dont require those then these should be good. These really are the rolls royce of battery chargers...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks for that,
Thanks.
An honest answer is that I don't know, it might be worth an ask with Brusa. I understand they're quite a friendly bunch...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts