Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I originally responded to Mermoo's thread (here: Looking for used GTE - no longer required) but as he ultimately decided on a different car choice, and as I don't intend advertising my car via the usual channels before January, I thought I would put my car's details here on the off-chance that someone may be interested.

I am selling a highly specified Onyx White (Pearl White, £1000 cost option) 2015 GTE.

As has been noted in this forum many, many times, the Golf GTE is a brilliant 'gateway' car to going fully electric - I now have a Tesla Model 3 LR sat on drive next to the Golf, hence the reason for this sale.

In addition to the pearl white paint, the car has the following desirable (and expensive!!) options:
  • Panoramic sunroof.
  • Winter pack (heated seats, rear view camera, dual zone climate control)
  • Discover Navigation Pro
Excellent condition inside and out - car detailing is one of my hobbies (yes, I really do enjoy cleaning cars!!!) and as such, the Golf has been washed weekly and polished with a high quality Carnauba wax every couple of weeks from new.

Mechanically the car has wanted for nothing and benefits from the following:
  • Full VW service history including recent (expensive) cambelt change service on the 1.4TSi engine
  • MoT valid through to October 2022, with the previous test passed with no advisories.
  • Four recent high quality and appropriate (Michelin) tyres.
  • Recent VW battery recall - battery confirmed to be in good condition (fully charged shows range ~26 miles during Winter, i.e. now / ~32 miles summer).

Same family run from new - initially as a lease car, then purchased from lease co. (so 2 owners showing on the V5). £0/year VED.

~34,000 miles, would accept £15,000.

The following photo's were snatched between showers in less than ideal lighting and whilst I washed the car, it hasn't been waxed for a couple of weeks, but hopefully they give a fair reflection of condition.

I've left the registration visible so people can check the MOT history (nothing to hide there!)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Average long term petrol consumption currently showing as just over 92mpg over the last 2181 miles - this includes a ~500 mile / 7 day trip to Devon when the car wasn't plugged in overnight.

Satnav / dual zone climate control / heated seats:

Fully charged battery range currently guesstimated at 26-27 miles. This creeps up to ~32 miles in warmer weather. Both are pretty good figures for a GTE of any age I believe.

Rear view camera:

Oily...and electrically...bits!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi,

Yes, the car is still for sale.

I don't see any point advertising more widely at the moment. There is no mad rush from my side to sell, but if someone here was interested I'd be very happy to arrange a safe viewing for all involved.

:)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi,

Yes, the car is still for sale.

I don't see any point advertising more widely at the moment. There is no mad rush from my side to sell, but if someone here was interested I'd be very happy to arrange a safe viewing for all involved.

:)
Guessing safe viewing is from video call with how things are.

Looks like lovely car. Great looking seats.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, tricky times and we all have a responsibility to be sensible.

Realistically I don't expect to sell the car for at least a couple of months, and plan to move it into the garage for safe keeping over the next day or two.

Video viewing is certainly possible. If someone was reasonably local, I'd be OK with giving letting them view the car in person on the drive with me at a very safe distance.

I've also looked into fully insured flat-bed trailer delivery - obviously distance dependent, but the costs seem reasonable.

As for the car, yes it's a very nice thing and I have always liked the interior and the seats in particular (with the fabric being a nod to the original mk. 1 GTi). Certainly in quality terms it is much better than my new Tesla Model 3.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yes, tricky times and we all have a responsibility to be sensible.

Realistically I don't expect to sell the car for at least a couple of months, and plan to move it into the garage for safe keeping over the next day or two.

Video viewing is certainly possible. If someone was reasonably local, I'd be OK with giving letting them view the car in person on the drive with me at a very safe distance.

I've also looked into fully insured flat-bed trailer delivery - obviously distance dependent, but the costs seem reasonable.

As for the car, yes it's a very nice thing and I have always liked the interior and the seats in particular (with the fabric being a nod to the original mk. 1 GTi). Certainly in quality terms it is much better than my new Tesla Model 3.
Don't say bad things about Tesla they be out get you

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts