Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

With the family now at capacity in the car, we've decided it time for a bigger vehicle (i'm horrified to be going back to petrol only but can't find a 7 seater in my budget so a 2 year lease it is till then).

This Ampera has had its 5 year service with battery fluid topup done in the last quarter of last year at Vauxhall Wimbledon (Yeah I know it wasn't cheap there :'( ).
It's also recently had the AC condenser replaced which took a few months to source for vauxhall but I waited as I didn't want this to be sold with an underlying issue. The engine light would come on annually, everything would be fine each service and they'd clear the fault so I was persistent they find the root cause this year)!

Tyres are relatively new, Sep 2018 (215/55 R17 W (98), Reinforced)

Aside from that, other things to know, the rear bumper has a dent on the lower left side where I reversed into a metal bin, purely cosmetic. I can take further pictures if required.
The rims could also do with a re-spray / replacement. I was half tempted to change out the rims / style as i've grown to love the look of this car but never did and i'd probably have to then spend on fancy brakes callipers etc ;-)

I'll add pictures of the inside soon, needs a hoover and the kids child seats are in at the minute. Suffice to say that the leather seats are in good nick, everything is in good working order (down to remote warming the car and seat heaters) and I'll be sad to see the car go.

2 owners inc myself. I've had it since Dec 2016.
Mileage: approaching 59,000
Doors: 5
Transmission: Auto
Colour: Red
Year: 2013
Body Type: Hatchback
Fuel Type: Electric / Petrol Hybrid (1398 cc / 1.4)
Emissions: 27 g/km
Charger: Standard home 13amp wall socket charger and i'll throw in the separate the type I > II charger I got for use at Tesco / B&Q.

IMG_20200207_140335.jpg IMG_20200207_140417.jpg IMG_20200207_140935.jpg

Now Sold
IMG_20200207_140335.jpg
IMG_20200207_140417.jpg
IMG_20200207_140935.jpg

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
For an ordinary 7 year old car, UK price would be more around £2k if sold privately. A £7k premium because it's a hybrid would seem hard to justify!

·
Registered
382 Posts
For an ordinary 7 year old car, UK price would be more around £2k if sold privately. A £7k premium because it's a hybrid would seem hard to justify!
For a rare, low mileage car that originally cost circa £35,000 I’d consider 25-30% of the original price about right.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Hard to see many private buyers paying that kind of money for a 7 year old ordinary ( Vauxhall) car with virtually no money.

My guess it will be sold for a lot less.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hard to see many private buyers paying that kind of money for a 7 year old ordinary ( Vauxhall) car with virtually no money.

My guess it will be sold for a lot less.
Sorry, what? MY'13 amperas sell for about 8-10k privately, simple as that... This ain't no ordinary 7yr old Vauxhall, in the same way as a VXR insignia wagon is not an ordinary 7yr old Vauxhall.

If you're going to use that logic then a Leaf 30 should be worth about 3k because after all, it's just a rusty old datsun...

Reactions: shikoku14

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Very odd post here. Clearly someone who has never driven the best hybrid yet to be built with its 100% electric drive and long EV range. Hardly an ordinary car that drives like a hot hatch and can go for months without meeting the dreaded filling station!

As others have noted......try looking at the going rate and I very much doubt you can buy anything related to a seven year old EV for £2,000!

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,249 Posts
The market is what it is - buyers aren't forced to buy them and that regulates the price.

I suspect that history will put it in the same category as the main personality from the period - Barack Obama. GM's lack of ongoing support will eventually undermine all of the good works made in building them and they'll end up being retired before they should. Anyone purchasing one today is IMO taking a huge risk despite their many strengths and ahead of their time concept.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts