Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  • purchased in Dec 2017
  • 30,500 miles, single owner (and his wife)
  • battery lease (£69 per month currently)
  • full service history with Renault dealer
In generally very good condition. A couple of scratches on the (plastic) bumper, and a few scratches on 2 alloys (see photos)

Selling for 10,000
Complete set of photos on Google Photos: Renault Zoe for sale

teasers:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's still under the standard warranty that came with the car since it's less than 3 years old, and it came with a 4 year warranty + 4 years roadside assistance

·
Registered
112 Posts
£10k is a great price. Warranty?

@Sputnik72
Yeah, I've looked at these and it looks nice, thing is to buy something like this would be something like:

£10k over 60 months at 5% APR = £188.00 p/m
Battery lease 6k miles (I do 10k miles so an extra £20) = £69 p/m
Warranty extension (When the standard warranty runs out) = £25 p/m

Total = £282.00 p/m (£267.00 p/m initially) I just don't think the ZE40 with battery lease works for me.

·
Premium Member
11,168 Posts
Good luck with your sale. Hopefully you will do better than I did with my private sale - I had it on AT for weeks! I sold mine to Drive Green in Bristol in the end. They were very good to deal with and you may want to get an offer from them as a fallback - or maybe you have a fair trade-in offer already?

·
Registered
17,341 Posts
Yeah, I've looked at these and it looks nice, thing is to buy something like this would be something like:

£10k over 60 months at 5% APR = £188.00 p/m
Battery lease 6k miles (I do 10k miles so an extra £20) = £69 p/m
Warranty extension (When the standard warranty runs out) = £25 p/m

Total = £282.00 p/m (£267.00 p/m initially) I just don't think the ZE40 with battery lease works for me.
Did you factor in that you own the car after 60 months?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, I'm trying to either buy a car outright over 5 years and end up with an asset, I could then either continue to use the car and save lots of money or trade against a newer model. Problem is with the pace that things are moving at, I'm thinking of possibly going for a 2 or 3 year PCP and then upgrading. But here's some rough figures (feel free to correct any mistakes I may have made) for buying a ZE40 with one year warranty left against a Leaf 30, I realise the Leaf 30 doesn't have the range of the Zoe but it's range would be fine for me.

ZE40 - 1st year @£267 p/m 2-5 @£282 p/m = £16,740. This would then be worth maybe £5,000 so a cost of £11,740 over 5 years.

Leaf 30 - £11k @ £207 p/m for 5 years = £12,420. Car value maybe £4,000, so cost of £8420 over 5 years.

And if I kept my C-Max 2.0 Diesel and ran it for 5 years (fuel, road tax and maintenance), I've calculated that would cost me £10800. So adding electricity and maintenance I'd be even with the Leaf after 5 years.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Problem is with the pace that things are moving at, I'm thinking of possibly going for a 2 or 3 year PCP and then upgrading.
You can buy this car with a 5yr personal loan and still sell it after 2/3yrs. It will be exactly the same as the PCP, but cost you less interest.

Do you not have any savings at all?

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can buy this car with a 5yr personal loan and still sell it after 2/3yrs. It will be exactly the same as the PCP, but cost you less interest.

Do you not have any savings at all?
Yeah, and probably would end up doing that if I go for a person loan over 5 years. I've enough for a deposit, around £1500 but not enough to buy the entire car obviously. I'm just trying to work out the best most cost effective way to get onto the EV ladder with a car that's capable enough for the miles and distances I cover which by my calculations, the Leaf 30 would.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FWIW, there is the option of buying the battery from Renault for 5500 - but I don’t think that option works for you any better

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,069 Posts
Aaand... pretty much sold!
To my neighbour :)
Did they see your pictures on here and then recognise their house in the background? 🤣

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did they see your pictures on here and then recognise their house in the background? 🤣
:D

No, they saw that we had a valet guy spend 3 hours on it, and then they saw a brand new e-Niro parking next to it, and they connected the 2 together - and it seems they'd been keen on getting off their dinosaur juice guzzler and join the EV club

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should have no problems transferring the battery lease :) Out of interest what is the range at 100%?
Kinda depends on the weather outside, but I've seen it show 180 and it seemed relatively reliable with mixed driving

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Kinda depends on the weather outside, but I've seen it show 180 and it seemed relatively reliable with mixed driving
I returned to my car fully charged after work today and was pleased to see 190!

Although it was down to 140 after my 40mile commute back....I didnt exactly drive it carefully mind 😋

·
Premium Member
11,168 Posts
:D

No, they saw that we had a valet guy spend 3 hours on it, and then they saw a brand new e-Niro parking next to it, and they connected the 2 together - and it seems they'd been keen on getting off their dinosaur juice guzzler and join the EV club
Ha, that's brilliant - well done!

I did try and sell mine to the neighbours son who had a company Ionic electric for a while. He is keen to get a Zoe, but was not keen to give me £12K for mine :-(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts