Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just got moved from Octopus Go (15p day/5p for 4 hours, 25p standing charge) to Flexible Octopus (30.78p day/21.24p night, 43.22p standing charge) - with no notification email at all.
When my gas deal was up they did notify me and that was fair enough. For electricity I didn't get a notice or choice of tariffs at all.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The only difference I can see from some people who are rolling over and myself is one tariff was called "Octopus Go 2018" and mine was "Octopus Go 2021" so maybe there were some different T&C hidden away that were important.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was very relieved to get the apology email and to be told that I was going to be on "go" at previous rates. But nothing has changed in my account since I got dumped onto "flexible octopus" without warning. I'll give it a couple more days then contact them again.
Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't benefit from the Octopus notification error. Hopefully today's government announcement of a rebate goes some way to ease the change.

To be fair to Octopus (so people reading this don't just see my previous complaint) they fixed my account today and put me back on "Go" after previously switching me without notice. It took a few emails but I would honestly prefer to deal with Octopus rather than any other utility company I've had to talk to in the past. So far I get the sense that Octopus play fair and care about their reputation/service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts