Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
641 - 660 of 712 Posts

·
Registered
MG5
795 Posts
Give them a call as people are saying they have switched. What rates are you currently on?

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,432 Posts
Standing charges and day rates are region dependent.

Since you seem to be comparing with someone else's screen grab (?), are you sure you are comparing data for the same region?

E.g. For Go,
South West 51.36p/day / 35.78p/kWh day rate, (Exeter postcode)
London 37.65p/day / 35.11p/kWh day rate. (Harrow postcode)
Good point. Probably different areas explains it. I’m in West Yorkshire.
It still doesn’t explain why they now seem to describe the Go tariffs as ECO 7? That’s something I’ve not seen before on their rate cards. Peter

·
Registered
455 Posts
I’ve just checked my account. My Go fix ends on 14 May and there’s still no mention of it increasing for next year. There was however a massive bill for electricity as they finally caught up after not sending me one for almost 5 months. I knew it would come eventually so I had the balance there to cover it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I’ve just checked my account. My Go fix ends on 14 May and there’s still no mention of it increasing for next year. There was however a massive bill for electricity as they finally caught up after not sending me one for almost 5 months. I knew it would come eventually so I had the balance there to cover it.
To my knowledge of reading all these "Go" threads, no one has yet come forward since February and confirmed they got rolled over on old rates if a "Go" customer, me included. So i wish you luck. We shall see over the next few weeks. It seems only "Go Faster" are getting away with it now and i assume they are a small subset of Go customers.

·
Registered
MG5
795 Posts
Have you checked your message on your Octopus account?

Reactions: Chivers

·
Registered
455 Posts
Have you checked your message on your Octopus account?
Yes, the only messages on there are the usual ones - nothing account specific.

I guess they are not allowed to move me to either more expensive Go or the standard variable tariff without letting me decide which one I want. For those with Go who have NOT been rolled over onto the cheaper rate for another year, did they finally get in touch prior to your fix expiring?

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,432 Posts
I'm not sure what is going on,
I when from the capped normal electricity rate to go on 16th April.

They've given me the go rate from last September so I'm getting the 5p night rate until April 2023
That’s amazing. What’s the daytime rate and how did you request the change? If that is repeatable, I reckon there will be a good few who would like to do that too 🤔. Peter

·
Registered
ID3 Life Pro - Stonewashed Blue Towbar
277 Posts
That’s amazing. What’s the daytime rate and how did you request the change? If that is repeatable, I reckon there will be a good few who would like to do that too 🤔. Peter
I had a smets 1 meter that they initially said they would upgrade for Go tarif. I contacted them on twitter to ask for progress and they then decided I needed new meters. Once installed I got a message asking if I wanted to switch and said yes. No idea why I got an old rate.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number

Purple Blue Azure Rectangle Violet

·
Registered
455 Posts
With today being 1st of May, I have less than two weeks left on my fix and still no word from Octopus about what’s coming next. How do we think I should proceed? Wait it out and see what happens or get in touch with them a few days before?

·
Registered
177 Posts
With today being 1st of May, I have less than two weeks left on my fix and still no word from Octopus about what’s coming next. How do we think I should proceed? Wait it out and see what happens or get in touch with them a few days before?
Just do nothing and see!

Probably a pretty good chance you're going to squeak through to your benefit.

641 - 660 of 712 Posts