Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
661 - 680 of 712 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Go (not Go Faster) was due to expire on 15/05/2022, but I didn't receive a renewal notice.
I was tempted to leave it until the renewal date to see what happened if I didn't do anything, but I bottled it and contacted them via Twitter this afternoon.
Within 15 minutes they'd extended my 5p/15p rate for another year. So not quite a rollover, as it had to be manually requested, but I've got the low rates for another year.
Thank you Octopus.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My Go (not Go Faster) was due to expire on 15/05/2022, but I didn't receive a renewal notice.
I was tempted to leave it until the renewal date to see what happened if I didn't do anything, but I bottled it and contacted them via Twitter this afternoon.
Within 15 minutes they'd extended my 5p/15p rate for another year. So not quite a rollover, as it had to be manually requested, but I've got the low rates for another year.
Thank you Octopus.
Wow, lucky, well done.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It amazes me that this is still happening. A few months ago it appeared to be a glitch in their billing system and there was apparently an announcement a few weeks later to say it had been rectified, but still there are people getting these remarkably generous outcomes.

It makes no sense to me why this is "allowed" and I can't believe it's intentional!

But, hey, what an absolutely golden result :)

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Thank you Octopus.
Very interesting they manually did it, which confirms my suspicion that this is a deliberate policy.

Quite possibly it's based on whether they think you are using it appropriately and therefore this is a cost benefit to them - or quite possibly it's just universal because they want more data and it's worth the loss to them.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,432 Posts
Thank you Octopus.
Absolutely astonishing. Well done. What did you actually ask them? Did you say something like you’ve seen that others are getting rolled over so can you have it too please?
It seems as though they really don’t care about making a big loss. A very odd way to run a business. But hey I’m glad we are still getting it. It must be super annoying for the ones that didn’t get it, some time back now. Pity we didn’t get the gas rolled over too 😂. Peter

·
Registered
88 Posts
My go expired last week, no emails etc but switched on the day to standard variable, worst for me is my smart meter is screwed and they cannot fix so need to replace, in fairness to octopus they have agreed to adjust my bill to be as if I was on go for the entire time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My go expired last week, no emails etc but switched on the day to standard variable, worst for me is my smart meter is screwed and they cannot fix so need to replace, in fairness to octopus they have agreed to adjust my bill to be as if I was on go for the entire time.
I would get back onto them via twitter direct message. If you did not receive notification before they switched you to the standard variable, I think you have a great chance of them reinstating your old go rate for another 12 months. No harm in trying. I got my old rate renewed yesterday via twitter just like Rockford ( due to expire 19th May)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Absolutely astonishing. Well done. What did you actually ask them? Did you say something like you’ve seen that others are getting rolled over so can you have it too please?
It seems as though they really don’t care about making a big loss. A very odd way to run a business. But hey I’m glad we are still getting it. It must be super annoying for the ones that didn’t get it, some time back now. Pity we didn’t get the gas rolled over too 😂. Peter
Along the lines of: my tariff expires in a few days, I've had no notification, I've heard I may get rolled over, I really don't want to lose Go, please let me know what will happen.

It's an odd business decision, but I'm all for it.
Might have to invest in some storage heaters now... 😂

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I would get back onto them via twitter direct message. If you did not receive notification before they switched you to the standard variable, I think you have a great chance of them reinstating your old go rate for another 12 months. No harm in trying. I got my old rate renewed yesterday via twitter just like Rockford ( due to expire 19th May)
Indeed but he can’t be on go unless he has a working smart meter with 30 minute reads occurring. Maybe they will agree to restart go after replacing his duff meter, maybe he should push for the rollover rate then? Peter

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Just a bit! Maybe I could press for a "mental anguish" compensation?
Why not push them to give you the old rate back as you can see that many others are still getting it? Nothing to lose and everything to possibly gain? Peter

Reactions: Ian Black

·
Registered
88 Posts
Along the lines of: my tariff expires in a few days, I've had no notification, I've heard I may get rolled over, I really don't want to lose Go, please let me know what will happen.

It's an odd business decision, but I'm all for it.
Might have to invest in some storage heaters now... 😂
If you are in the same boat as me i.e. they have not notified you (check your email history in your octopus account to be sure) as long as your smart meter is working fine (can you see usage data online?) you may be better of waiting, best case the day it changes, ring them and kick up you were not notified as it seems a number of people have managed to get them to apply the old rate, worst case, they refuse and you move onto the same tariff you would volountarily switch to now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are in the same boat as me i.e. they have not notified you (check your email history in your octopus account to be sure) as long as your smart meter is working fine (can you see usage data online?) you may be better of waiting, best case the day it changes, ring them and kick up you were not notified as it seems a number of people have managed to get them to apply the old rate, worst case, they refuse and you move onto the same tariff you would volountarily switch to now.
They've already sorted it for me. The expiry date of my 5p/14.xp tariff online is shown as May 2023.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Folks, I'm really confused by what I've been offered here.

I've just had the email to say that "
16th May 2022, you'll reach the end of your fixed term, and will automatically roll onto Octopus Go (unless you choose another tariff in the meantime, of course).

Our prices have been adjusted recently to account for the latest changes in wholesale costs.

If you'd like to fix your prices, you'll find up-to-date rates in your online account."

When I click that link it offers Octopus 12M fixed and Loyal 12M fixed, both at ludicrously high prices, but no mention of Octopus Go.
When I go into my account it shows this:

Font Rectangle Parallel Electric blue Screenshot

Does that mean that the go rates will be continued for another year?!

I thought they would have had to have given more than 2 days notice of my tariff coming to an end?

Not sure whether to contact them or not?
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Folks, I'm really confused by what I've been offered here.

I've just had the email to say that "
16th May 2022, you'll reach the end of your fixed term, and will automatically roll onto Octopus Go (unless you choose another tariff in the meantime, of course).

Our prices have been adjusted recently to account for the latest changes in wholesale costs.

If you'd like to fix your prices, you'll find up-to-date rates in your online account."

When I click that link it offers Octopus 12M fixed and Loyal 12M fixed, both at ludicrously high prices, but no mention of Octopus Go.
When I go into my account it shows this:

View attachment 161760

Does that mean that the go rates will be continued for another year?!

I thought they would have had to have given more than 2 days notice of my tariff coming to an end?

Not sure whether to contact them or not?
Thanks everyone
DO NOTHING!!

That is the standard way they notify you 2 days before rolling you on for another year at your old rates!
You are another very lucky customer 😉. Look back up this thread you will see many have got this old rates rollover.

I can’t explain just why they are still doing this, but it’s a fantastic outcome under these current times for those that get it. They clearly know it’s happening and choose to let it continue for EV customers. So sit back and enjoy the fantastic rates for another year at least!

Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
DO NOTHING!!

That is the standard way they notify you 2 days before rolling you on for another year at your old rates!
You are another very lucky customer 😉. Look back up this thread you will see many have got this old rates rollover.

I can’t explain just why they are still doing this, but it’s a fantastic outcome under these current times for those that get it. They clearly know it’s happening and choose to let it continue for EV customers. So sit back and enjoy the fantastic rates for another year at least!

Peter
Thank you SO MUCH!
Hopefully when I check in 2 days then it'll still have the old rates on the account, if not, I'll call and ask why I only had 2 days notice.

Absolutely incredible, and hope they do it for everyone else

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Thank you SO MUCH!
Hopefully when I check in 2 days then it'll still have the old rates on the account, if not, I'll call and ask why I only had 2 days notice.

Absolutely incredible, and hope they do it for everyone else
I don’t think you are confused, perhaps just gobsmacked?

It will still be there. For certain. Incredible as it may seem. They can’t withdraw the offer now it’s showing on your account. Don’t you just love Greg and Octopus now 😎.

A couple of months or so back we all thought it was caused by a system glitch that failed to send their usual 45 day notice. They said back then it would be sorted. But here we are now and it still seems to be continuing on.
All I can say is very big thanks to Greg!
Peter.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just got moved from Octopus Go (15p day/5p for 4 hours, 25p standing charge) to Flexible Octopus (30.78p day/21.24p night, 43.22p standing charge) - with no notification email at all.
When my gas deal was up they did notify me and that was fair enough. For electricity I didn't get a notice or choice of tariffs at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got moved from Octopus Go (15p day/5p for 4 hours, 25p standing charge) to Flexible Octopus (30.78p day/21.24p night, 43.22p standing charge) - with no notification email at all.
When my gas deal was up they did notify me and that was fair enough. For electricity I didn't get a notice or choice of tariffs at all.
It sounds like you might need to contact them over twitter and ask why they gave no notice and that others have had the old prices carried over for another year.

Good luck.

661 - 680 of 712 Posts