Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
701 - 720 of 824 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
No referrals from me, and I got rolled over onto Go Faster 2030 5hr.

Approx. 40% off peak 60% on peak (more in the off peak now I've got water heating on an immersion timer instead of on gas)
Location - Cambridgeshire

I currently "owe" Octopus about £800, as the account kept building up... I've since adjusted the DD to slowly pull that back up but with inflation etc. biting I'm in no rush to clear that interest-free debt.

Been with them for about a year and a half.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
You may be onto something here. Maybe it’s a kind of (very generous) loyalty scheme, depending upon which year of smart Go or Go Faster tariff you were originally on?

I got the rollover in February. I was on previously (and am still on now) 2019 named rate……
Octopus Go Faster (5H from 2030) December 2019 v1
Fixed term ends 06/02/2023

So maybe the decider is which original tariff named version year you are (or were) on. maybe 2019 or earlier get the rollover?? (Maybe even 2020 too?). We need more data from folk to see if there is a pattern here. Peter
I was on octopus Go June 2018 , charged 4hrs every night plus other time shift stuff, and got my 45 day notice and got put on Go 2021 30p/7.5p kwh. :(

It pushed me to place an install order for 16kwh battery system and more PV solar so when installed i expect up to 16kwh of 30p day use time shifted onto 7.5p kwh so my bills are less in Autumn winter 2022 than 2021 on the old rates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got rolled over on 20th April. on go faster 2019 8:30 / 5hr
don't have electric car but do have house battery and solar.

in winter I run around 60% peak 40% off peak (bitcoin (actually Etherium) mining on gaming pc using a large chunk, around 20kwh per day total.

in summer I am a net producer,. using zero peak and 7-9kwh off peak. (but for instance yesterday I exported 17kw/h)

I really need an electric car but prices right now are too high. a year ago offered a mates rates 2012 leaf immaculate low miles for 5k. perfect 2nd car for rat run. gutted I didn't take it. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same here - I wasn’t due to shift until August, but am moving house next week - so they obv think they missed emailing me - potentially a very lucky boy since I’m still on the June 18 Go tariff! Dashboard says it ends on 27 May still too. Hopefully come 27 May it’ll show the old tariff still.

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55
1,163 Posts
Same here - I wasn’t due to shift until August, but am moving house next week - so they obv think they missed emailing me - potentially a very lucky boy since I’m still on the June 18 Go tariff! Dashboard says it ends on 27 May still too. Hopefully come 27 May it’ll show the old tariff still.
Are you expecting to move house and keep your tariff? That's a very good trick if you can do it. Don't want to rain on your parade, but...please let us know how you get on!

Reactions: Harry6

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got really lucky, octopus contacted me yesterday to say they're extending my go tarrif (14.5p peak, 4.5p off peak) for another year as they made a mistake, that I was part of a few customers and didn't contact them to let them know their term was ending

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was very relieved to get the apology email and to be told that I was going to be on "go" at previous rates. But nothing has changed in my account since I got dumped onto "flexible octopus" without warning. I'll give it a couple more days then contact them again.
Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
736 Posts
Literally got my email from octopus today which sucks as today was their last day.

33.93p/kWh peak
7.5p/kWh off peak
48.26p standing charge.

the joke being they estimated our annual usage at 2900 kWh so think it will only be £907.83 but using their estimate I suspect our usage will likely put us at nearly 3k as we’re all electric including the heat pump.

’sigh’ I was really hoping for the roll over.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Literally got my email from octopus today which sucks as today was their last day.

33.93p/kWh peak
7.5p/kWh off peak
48.26p standing charge.

the joke being they estimated our annual usage at 2900 kWh so think it will only be £907.83 but using their estimate I suspect our usage will likely put us at nearly 3k as we’re all electric including the heat pump.

I find it strange that the likes of you and I didn't get the rollover on Go but others did. Maybe it's just sloppy database issues at Octopus as it's a Beta product?

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,463 Posts

33.93p/kWh peak
7.5p/kWh off peak
48.26p standing charge.

Sorry to hear about that. When you said today was their last day, did you mean your old rate literally ends tomorrow? Or maybe you meant in order to give the typical 45 days notice, today is the last day?
Just curious to try understand what is going on. Peter.

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
736 Posts
I counted this the last day before it was within the 45 day window of notice. We will be able to absorb the cost thankfully as we’re more fortunate than most but we will be doing some serious efficiency drives to try and reduce our energy use as much as we can. I was in the middle of DIY improvement projects until my appendix decided to go nuclear last week so everything is now on hold for a few weeks but as we’re in summer it’s not a big deal.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't benefit from the Octopus notification error. Hopefully today's government announcement of a rebate goes some way to ease the change.

To be fair to Octopus (so people reading this don't just see my previous complaint) they fixed my account today and put me back on "Go" after previously switching me without notice. It took a few emails but I would honestly prefer to deal with Octopus rather than any other utility company I've had to talk to in the past. So far I get the sense that Octopus play fair and care about their reputation/service.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,463 Posts
In the last 50 years Octopus are without doubt the best energy company I have ever dealt with.
If anyone needs any convincing about the Octopus ethos and sincerity there is a good (1h) interview with their CEO Greg Jackson here. His honesty, down to earth style and attitude is so refreshing compared with any other energy company boss. Well worth a watch…… Peter

701 - 720 of 824 Posts