Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
81 - 100 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,225 Posts
OK, thanks for the tip .. bingo!

View attachment 155615

(Doesn't quite make up for the loss I crystallised on my SIPpension today but, hey, I'll take what I can get when I am not too dumb enough to miss it... Is there about to be some major correction in the stock market?)
Great stuff. I see you’ve even retained the (now removed from tariff lists) 20:30 start too. That’s so cool. God I really hope I get mine too! Peter.

Reactions: donald

·
Registered
321 Posts
If your Go (Faster) tariff is about to renew, do nothing. You may get sent some emails with scary offers on fixing at high rates.
So to clarify .........even though I've had this email today ;

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Document

and this links me to these 'alternative' (much higher) rates (which I should ignore) ;

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

Mine is due tomorrow, and I can already see my old and new tariffs on the app / web service. They are both at the same (5p / 13.31p) rates.
because my dashboard shows the following I can be hopeful that the rates shown at the bottom will apply to the renewal ?

Blue Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

View attachment 155619

and this links me to these 'alternative' (much higher) rates (which I should ignore) ;

View attachment 155620

because my dashboard shows the following I can be hopeful that the rates shown at the bottom will apply to the renewal ?

View attachment 155622
As I understood it from other posters, the glitch has been fixed and they were now notifying existing customers correctly going forward i.e. emailing out your options 45 days prior to expiry.

Now, a friend has just got the exact same email as you and is confused, tariff ending on the 16th. Looks like an error to me but as alluded to you might have a fight on your hands if they do uplift your tariff.

Guess you just have to wait and see what happens in a couple of days.

My Go Faster expires tomorrow but no email received, so far 🤞

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
33,006 Posts

View attachment 155619

View attachment 155620

View attachment 155622
From my experience, that means your keeping the old tariff, says it there, you are keeping the Dec 2019 v1.
Wayehey!(y)

... meanwhile ... I hope Octopus don't go bust because of us!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
As I understood it from other posters, the glitch has been fixed and they were now notifying existing customers correctly going forward i.e. emailing out your options 45 days prior to expiry.

Now, a friend has just got the exact same as you and is confused, tariff ending on the 16th. Looks like an error to me but as alluded to you might have a fight on your hands if they do uplift your tariff.

Guess you just have to wait and see what happens in a couple of days.

My Go Faster expires tomorrow but no email received, so far 🤞
So I think you (and your friend?) should now be able to see on your Octopus 'myaccount' page your old and new tariffs presented together. If its the December 2019 V1 then you will be on the same rate (I think!).
Peter

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
So I think you (and your friend?) should now be able to see on your Octopus 'myaccount' page your old and new tariffs presented together. If its the December 2019 V1 then you will be on the same rate (I think!).
Peter
Yep, my dashboard shows:

December 2019 v1
Starting on 15/01/2022

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've had no notification about changes to my account which should end 22 Jan but I'm on the 'June 18' version of go and not the 19 referenced to in this thread.

The 'old' dash shows I'm now renewing on the 3rd of March. See what happens then but I've had no communication from Octopus yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've had no notification about changes to my account which should end 22 Jan but I'm on the 'June 18' version of go and not the 19 referenced to in this thread.

The 'old' dash shows I'm now renewing on the 3rd of March. See what happens then but I've had no communication from Octopus yet.
Mine has now also been updated to end on the 3rd of March (it was originally the 20th January).

This is conveniently 48 days, so I suspect what's happening is that everybody who was due to expire between now and 3rd March will be getting their renewal email with the higher rates on Monday, thus fixing Octopus's regulatory issue.

Drat.

·
33,006 Posts
Wow. that was close. I guess they were scrambling the lawyers to figure the solution and someone's come up with this scheme to continue for 45 days and THEN tell you.

To be fair, though not knowing the numbers involved, these rates have been lower than wholesale for some time now. That is not a recipe for commercial survival.

Maybe they were just waiting for mine to roll over, in avoidance of the ear-bending from me they'd expect? :mad: :cool:

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55
1,057 Posts
Maybe they were just waiting for mine to roll over, in avoidance of the ear-bending from me they'd expect? :mad: :cool:
Either OctoHQ has their spies on here, or they will never know just how narrow an escape they have had 😉

The "extend everyone to start of March and notify them now" approach they now appear to be taking suggests that they are, at least, a bit bothered about it. The initial view seemed to be that anyone due before March would be ok, but looks like we've been the very rearguard of the happy renewers.

Reactions: George Jetson

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line & Hyundai Ioniq 38kW Premium
62 Posts
Not very consistent though. I’ve seen some on here be told that their old tariff is renewing for 12 months but I’ve had nothing (despite trying via email). Mine expires 16th Feb - if they ‘move’ me to March to falsely generate the 45 day notice it will be a little unfair.

·
33,006 Posts
Not very consistent though. I’ve seen some on here be told that their old tariff is renewing for 12 months but I’ve had nothing (despite trying via email). Mine expires 16th Feb - if they ‘move’ me to March to falsely generate the 45 day notice it will be a little unfair.
Ssshhhhh! maybe they will forget to trigger your 'extension' in a few weeks time and give you a carry-over.

Good luck with that. (y) Though at the same time .. so long as it doesn't bankrupt Octopus!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well if this is indeed the plan (and it seems logical that it is) then they better be honouring the renewal price as it would have been had the 45 day email been sent correctly.

Why? Because 45 days before my original expiry the rates on new/renewed Octopus Go were 24p/5p. I would have (reluctantly) accepted that and would have been on my way. The rates are now 30.7p/7.5p - a huge increase. If this is the rate that they do offer then by extending my current tariff so that they can rectify their 45 day cockup, they leave me in a much worse position than I would have been otherwise. That doesn't wash with me.

I won't expect them to renew on the current 13.5p/5p rate - those that have been lucky enough to get this have done well, but I would expect them to honour the rate that should have been offered had they sent their statutory communication on time.

·
33,006 Posts
Well if this is indeed the plan (and it seems logical that it is) then they better be honouring the renewal price as it would have been had the 45 day email been sent correctly.

Why? Because 45 days before my original expiry the rates on new/renewed Octopus Go were 24p/5p.
That was sort of what I was expecting because I had proactively called them up in December and they'd said that sort of thing, and like you I guess I would have lumped that, but argued if it was more.

Good luck with your conversations. Keep it civil and I wish you well with that.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

Why? Because 45 days before my original expiry the rates on new/renewed Octopus Go were 24p/5p. I would have (reluctantly) accepted that and would have been on my way. The rates are now 30.7p/7.5p - a huge increase. If this is the rate that they do offer then by extending my current tariff so that they can rectify their 45 day cockup, they leave me in a much worse position than I would have been otherwise. That doesn't wash with me.

I won't expect them to renew on the current 13.5p/5p rate - those that have been lucky enough to get this have done well, but I would expect them to honour the rate that should have been offered had they sent their statutory communication on time.
You make a very pertinent point there and very well described too. Thanks.

So had things gone as they should have, I believe I would have received my ~45 day renewal invitation notification on or very close to 23rd December.
I see that the latest scary 30p/7.5p tariff is named December 2021 V1.
The preceding 24p/5.5p one was named September 2021 V1.
But on the official tariff lists now, neither of these state the actual day of the tariff introduction, just the month.

So following your very sound logic, just in case I also end up having to attempt some negotiation, does anyone know the exact date when the December 2021 V1 Go Faster tariff was introduced? I think it was pretty late in the month (maybe even at the end of the month?) as I checked it on the Octopus site frequently and didn’t see the very shocking 30p/7.5p one until January.

Hmmm, this is getting complicated now. Peter

81 - 100 of 150 Posts