Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Price up the 300 mile version with extras, and then compare to Rivian and Cybertruck, before pulling the switch.
From what I've seen online its pretty good but price-wise Cybertruck beats it hands down, if you've got the space for it which can be a big if.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Price up the 300 mile version with extras, and then compare to Rivian and Cybertruck, before pulling the switch.
From what I've seen online its pretty good but price-wise Cybertruck beats it hands down, if you've got the space for it which can be a big if.
Does the Production Cybertruck actually exist? And will it be sold in the UK?
With long lead times for everything similar, it's anybody's guess what else will be around over the next few years.

·
Registered
2020 Peugeot e-208
111 Posts
The F150 actually exists though, which makes any comparison with the vapourware Cybertruck moot.

Still, the demand for the Lightning is through the stratosphere so it might as well not exist given how hard it will be to get hold of one unless you already have an order in. I think this truck is going to do more for EV acceptance in the US than almost any other vehicle, even Tesla.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The F150 actually exists though, which makes any comparison with the vapourware Cybertruck moot.

Still, the demand for the Lightning is through the stratosphere so it might as well not exist given how hard it will be to get hold of one unless you already have an order in. I think this truck is going to do more for EV acceptance in the US than almost any other vehicle, even Tesla.
The Tesla Model 3 didn't exist in 2016 , and didn't exist in the UK in 2018. does now. Why is the Cybertruck vapourware? You think it "wont" ever exist?

·
Registered
Kona64
2,364 Posts
Took me a while to find it, but above the circa 300mile range, the other key numbers I wanted to know where:

What is the charging power for the F-150 Lightning?

The extended-range F-150 Lightning vehicles are both alternating current (AC) and DC adaptable with a 19.2kW onboard charger and are designed to charge quickly on a DC fast charger, allowing a controlled boost up to 155kW.

The standard-range F-150 Lightning vehicles are also AC and DC adaptable with an 11.3 kW onboard charger and are designed to charge quickly on a DC fast charger, allowing controlled boost up to 120kW**.

·
Registered
2020 Peugeot e-208
111 Posts
The Tesla Model 3 didn't exist in 2016 , and didn't exist in the UK in 2018. does now. Why is the Cybertruck vapourware? You think it "wont" ever exist?
In the sense that people are making comparisons that it is better to buy the Cybertruck over the Lightning, despite the fact that you can't actually buy one and there's no indication of when you will be able to. It's effectively a concept car right now.

You can actually get a Lightning. Ford has built them for real at scale.

Discussions about the Cybertruck being "better value" or a "better buy" are moot since it simply doesn't exist in any meaningful way right now.

·
Registered
2020 Peugeot e-208
111 Posts
Took me a while to find it, but above the circa 300mile range, the other key numbers I wanted to know where:

What is the charging power for the F-150 Lightning?

The extended-range F-150 Lightning vehicles are both alternating current (AC) and DC adaptable with a 19.2kW onboard charger and are designed to charge quickly on a DC fast charger, allowing a controlled boost up to 155kW.

The standard-range F-150 Lightning vehicles are also AC and DC adaptable with an 11.3 kW onboard charger and are designed to charge quickly on a DC fast charger, allowing controlled boost up to 120kW**.
It's also worth noting that these figures will be for single phase, since the Lightning in the US market will be using the Type 1 connector, which is single phase only. That's 80 amps on a 240 V single phase for the 19.2 kW unit!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
In the sense that people are making comparisons that it is better to buy the Cybertruck over the Lightning, despite the fact that you can't actually buy one and there's no indication of when you will be able to. It's effectively a concept car right now.

You can actually get a Lightning. Ford has built them for real at scale.

Discussions about the Cybertruck being "better value" or a "better buy" are moot since it simply doesn't exist in any meaningful way right now.
I should imaging you will be able to get a RHD CyberTruck on the road in the UK before you could take delivery of an RHD F150 lightning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.