Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the new model PHEV Kuga's on-board charger has a timer facility, or is it just plug in and charge immediately?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Ford website informs that their PHEVs can be charged via regereative braking, a STD wall socket,. a special Ford wallbox or via public chargers.

Given its 2020, I would have thought Ford could do a lot better on their website to advise would be purchasers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the supplying dealer saying?
Haven't gone there yet. The car is on order via a broker, direct from Ford UK so I'll contact them to ask. Naturally my instinct was to post here before consulting the manufacturer :)

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Normally the cynic in me says that if something isn't specifically mentioned as a benefit then it is because it is absent. However, in the case of a PHEV from Ford the cynic says that they don't understand what they are selling and an engineer may have sneaked the feature in.
I suspect that increasingly car manufacturers are feeling that control of charge timing is down to the charge point and not the vehicle.

Reactions: 85414

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Normally the cynic in me says that if something isn't specifically mentioned as a benefit then it is because it is absent. However, in the case of a PHEV from Ford the cynic says that they don't understand what they are selling and an engineer may have sneaked the feature in.
I suspect that increasingly car manufacturers are feeling that control of charge timing is down to the charge point and not the vehicle.
@dk6780 the cynic in me is alive and well too :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
apologies - I just couldn't believe it when I saw the website piccies. I'd personally be very surprised if Ford didn't have a timer, as far as I know only the MG ever let anyone down on that front

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
apologies - I just couldn't believe it when I saw the website piccies. I'd personally be very surprised if Ford didn't have a timer, as far as I know only the MG ever let anyone down on that front
No worries Jeffrey - best to keep on topic and ensure the forum moderators are happy.

Ford UK have replied to my contact:

Yes, the All-New Kuga PHEV has the capability to program when the vehicle will charge. This will allow customers to plug their vehicle in when they get home but then charge the vehicle when they would like. This will help them make use of any low tariff electricity during the night.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you Google ‘Kuga owners manual’, it takes you to the Ford UK website. You can then select the 2020 owners manual and in there, it confirms you can programme charging via The infotainment screen in the car, or via a smartphone app.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts