Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My phone newsfeed has today displayed a pre-order advert for the electric Mustang.
Personally, I don't understand why people want to pay a deposit to order a car they haven't seen or even exists, but each to their own. Anyway, it seems cracking value at just over £40k, with UK deliveries next year.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I know that people are hot and cold about the Mach E, but I think that Ford have taken the right direction for this launch. £40K for an eFord sounds over the top, but £40K for a Mustang sounds like a good deal. It is the same price as the base 'ecoBoost' Mustang. Unless I am mistaken, this could be the first car EV launch which has price parity with the ICE version (I am sure someone will point out if there is another). Something that VW promised to do with the ID3 and Golf.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
On paper it looks good, £50k for the RWD extended range, 370+ miles WLTP (so 280+ real life?).
I like the looks... Hate the name... But inside looks like a good space for a family. Boot and frunk large.
So yeah interested. But I doubt we will see it on the road until mid 2021.

Also for the EU no confirmation of the tow bar they said would be an option.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it's early days for the Mach E. It'll be a genuine RHD competitor to the Model Y in a year or two.
The more different EVs there are, the greater our choice when the time comes. One day, the increased competition may even lead to sensible pricing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
On paper it looks good, £50k for the RWD extended range, 370+ miles WLTP (so 280+ real life?).
I like the looks... Hate the name... But inside looks like a good space for a family. Boot and frunk large.
So yeah interested. But I doubt we will see it on the road until mid 2021.

Also for the EU no confirmation of the tow bar they said would be an option.
range to price it does look very good and they are still saying early 2021 deliveries...

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
range to price it does look very good and they are still saying early 2021 deliveries...
When the order page is up and I know what the towing spec's are, and that I can get a Tow Bar in the UK, then I'll be interested.

If I knew for sure I could get one before end March I'd be placing a deposit!

·
Registered
194 Posts
If I knew for sure I could get one before end March I'd be placing a deposit!
Am in the same boat hence pretty much having to choose between M3 and P2 with the latter being the better car in many ways but relatively poor on range

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Some of those options like LKA are buried too deep in sub menus and way to small to change while driving.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I think the intention is you would be setting those options and rarely changing them?
In all my last 3 cars I turn LKA on/off a lot.

It's great on motorways and a pain in the arse on A/B roads. Both my last 2 cars it was a physically button for on/off. On my Polestar 2 it's a very large button on the main car screen. If this is where it is in the Ford, then I'd need to see where it ends up on final release.

Some I get ... once set you won't adjust again, but there were defiantly some I saw in there I would change a lot on a long drives.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts