Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Ford Mustang Mach-E

11K views 75 replies 31 participants last post by  dk6780 
#1 ·
This could be very interesting - https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/research/hybrid-electric/all-electric

370 MILE ALL-ELECTRIC RANGE
Based on full charge. Targeted 370 mile/600-kilometre range using Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) applied to an available configuration. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviours, vehicle maintenance. Final WLTP figures will be available in 2020.

See Also: Mach-E Forum

See less See more
#5 ·

Looks like my hat is safe. Estimated EPA range of 300 miles for the RWD versions, 230-250 miles for the AWD versions. That GT sounds pretty sweet, but the nose is hideous.

#6 ·
Specs look impressive,100kWh pack on the long range, 75 on the standard (AWD models)...

It looks quite compact, like a slightly jacked up hatchback, which is good... I found the zs too big when I looked at it. If it's here before model Y, and can tow 1.5t, I might be tempted.

Text Font Invitation Vehicle

#21 ·
Apart from the farcical attempt to apply some Mustang associations for marketing purposes, this looks like a creditable effort from Ford -- borrowing heavily from Tesla, in a good way..

#23 ·
Looks good... shame they priced the base model with no options at £40,270 meaning it will attract the additional tax!

I'd like to upsize from an i3 and this would be one I would go for, but its just a little too expensive for me unfortunately.

#28 ·
Guess they weren't paying attention to the VED luxury tax. Oooops. I expect there will be an adjustment at some point after the initial batch of orders or non-orders.

#29 ·
Fine print says

"This price is the indicative Recommended Retail Price for this pre-production vehicle. Please note the final confirmed pricing will be available in 2020 once the vehicle enters production phase."

So they might be able to adjust that down to £39,990

Reactions: Daaaveee
#34 ·
Fine print says

"This price is the indicative Recommended Retail Price for this pre-production vehicle. Please note the final confirmed pricing will be available in 2020 once the vehicle enters production phase."

So they might be able to adjust that down to £39,990
Far more likely to adjust it upwards. The idea you can give a price prediction accurate to £10 for a vehicle to be delivered over 1 year in the future, including exchange rates is absurd.

#31 ·
As above, I'll be amazed if the price is anywhere near that as the base model ICE in the USA is around $27k and over here is £37k so a serious amount more than a 1:1 $:£.

The efficiency is not that bad compared to a Tesla Model X gives similar - AWD P90D gives 39 kWh/100 miles which is less adjusting the battery size.

I will not be buying one not just due to a lack of money .......

#33 ·
MINO - Mustang in Name Only.... I can't be the first person to come up with that.

Looks like a Model Y with Ford styling on the rear clip and a pony badge on the front. Not a bad thing. Ford needs to stop making combustion engine cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.