Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could be very interesting - https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/research/hybrid-electric/all-electric

370 MILE ALL-ELECTRIC RANGE
Based on full charge. Targeted 370 mile/600-kilometre range using Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) applied to an available configuration. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviours, vehicle maintenance. Final WLTP figures will be available in 2020.

See Also: Mach-E Forum

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
460 Posts

Looks like my hat is safe. Estimated EPA range of 300 miles for the RWD versions, 230-250 miles for the AWD versions. That GT sounds pretty sweet, but the nose is hideous.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Specs look impressive,100kWh pack on the long range, 75 on the standard (AWD models)...

It looks quite compact, like a slightly jacked up hatchback, which is good... I found the zs too big when I looked at it. If it's here before model Y, and can tow 1.5t, I might be tempted.

Screenshot_20191118-072128.png

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looks a good competitor for the Tesla Model Y, a bit cheeky of Ford to reveal it in the same hangar that Tesla does its reveals but I'm sure Elon will welcome the competition to help improve Tesla's products, :)

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
460 Posts
I really like it. I don't think red does it any favours. Blue and white, ideally with a black contrast "grille" make it look a lot better. Not convinced by Ford's own infotainment, but at least it's configurable and the whole thing has OTA updates.

Oooff, £58,000 though...

·
Registered
17 Posts
This could hit Tesla in the US.

It will undercut Model Y with full tax credits, add in the benefit of nationwide dealer support, the US market could become difficult.

However, the is plenty of low hanging fruit for now in the rest of the world.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ford are clearly serious about this car. The Mustang brand is viewed as one of their crown jewels and they would not be using it on an emissions compliance vehicle.

The announced multi billion $ investment is also a clear indicator.

Good news for consumers !

1 - 20 of 70 Posts