Nissan LEAF30
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More details on the "yet another crossover" that they are going to introduce, clearly hoping that some pony dust from the Mustang name will attract buyers to it.
Ford Fiesta plant to build new 'mini Mustang Mach-e' electric car from 2023 | Auto Express

Hardly surprising they "prefer" Cologne - They've had a factory there for 90 years (except between 1941 & 1953, for hopefully obvious reasons)!
Which opened only a few months earlier than their Dagenham factory in the UK. And as for the associations between the anti-Semite Henry Ford and the Nazi party the less said the better.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,615 Posts
I presume that people who post stuff complaining that big manufacturers are trotting out ‘interim compliance cars’ are experienced in running multi billion pound international companies?

Otherwise, it’s just another post from an EV fan decrying why such companies aren’t switching more quickly to an electric future?

I think Covid has a silver lining in this regard, I mean, what better excuse do such companies need in order to take the far reaching decisions required to restructure their business towards an EV end?

The other thing is, the whole world isn’t yet planning to go Electric, there’s a significant market outside of Europe which is profitable and will require ‘legacy’ products for a good while yet.

The fact that Ford are even announcing this is a good thing, or would we rather they didn’t bother and just shut down operations now?

·
Registered
F30 330e Sport
68 Posts
I presume that people who post stuff complaining that big manufacturers are trotting out ‘interim compliance cars’ are experienced in running multi billion pound international companies?

Otherwise, it’s just another post from an EV fan decrying why such companies aren’t switching more quickly to an electric future?

I think Covid has a silver lining in this regard, I mean, what better excuse do such companies need in order to take the far reaching decisions required to restructure their business towards an EV end?

The other thing is, the whole world isn’t yet planning to go Electric, there’s a significant market outside of Europe which is profitable and will require ‘legacy’ products for a good while yet.

The fact that Ford are even announcing this is a good thing, or would we rather they didn’t bother and just shut down operations now?
Agree 100%. These massive global companies have more to concern themselves with than just the UK market, and are huge ships to turn around. They will do eventually, but need a fair bit of time and planning to do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts