Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Such a shame we won't get this in the UK. It looks amazing. Incredible for the money I would buy one tommorow if it was available in the UK.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
We all know it’d be £60k over here.

Reactions: EdH

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on the price unfortunately. At the US price it's a bargain surprised they can make money at that price.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 w/ Onto
44 Posts
That article went on and on a bit didn’t it!
Also noticed the claim about an included home charger installation which surely has to be wrong:

Customers will be offered a home charging station as standard when they buy the truck that will be capable of 150kW DC fast-charging. Owners will be able to boost the battery from 15 per cent to 80 per cent charge in just 41 minutes.
Am thinking they mixed up the home charger stats (likely a standard 7.4 or at most 22kW on 3 phase surely) with the rapid charging capability? A domestic setup surely couldn’t sustain 150kW!

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
350 Posts
That article went on and on a bit didn’t it!
Also noticed the claim about an included home charger installation which surely has to be wrong:

Am thinking they mixed up the home charger stats (likely a standard 7.4 or at most 22kW on 3 phase surely) with the rapid charging capability? A domestic setup surely couldn’t sustain 150kW!
Yes it's obviously a typo. In the US they can get up to 48-60A feed for a charging unit which is normally around 11-13kW

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
350 Posts
And, no-one would want one.
I'd want one ... like I want a Cybertruck or a Rivian, even if it too large and impracticable most of the time.

Best we can hope for in the UK is a Raptor sized Pickup EV from Ford.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,349 Posts
I'd want one ... like I want a Cybertruck or a Rivian, even if it too large and impracticable most of the time.

Best we can hope for in the UK is a Raptor sized Pickup EV from Ford.
When it comes down to it, many people might say they "want" an Aston Martin but the chance of them buying one is virtually nil.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
22,741 Posts
When it comes down to it, many people might say they "want" an Aston Martin but the chance of them buying one is virtually nil.
The F150 isn't officially sold in the UK, but you can still buy one.

We really are blowing your mind today aren't we?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,764 Posts
The F150 isn't officially sold in the UK, but you can still buy one.
Indeed. I passed one on the way to work this morning, and a Ram pickup of equally huge proportions yesterday.

Hopefully, it will be followed by an EV version of the slightly smaller Ford Ranger pickup.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
350 Posts
Well that's some people or many people.

Not all people and definitely not me.

Ohh and when I retire I will be getting a Aston Martin!

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,349 Posts
Just as a general statement, wanting something you can't afford is a common human trait which only leads to frustration.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
350 Posts
Just as a general statement, wanting something you can't afford is a common human trait which only leads to frustration.
OK ... I have a 50k Car ... I used to have a 62k car ... I could afford 100k car .. I choose not for now. Even then I could always buy a second hand version to reduce the car's cost to a level I can afford.

I'm not frustrated because I can't afford a Bugatti Chiron - even though I'd love one ... although I'd need a really big house and garage too, which again I'm not unhappy or frustrated I don't own.

Just accept that £100k for a car is expensive but it's not outside the realms of possibility, so yeah if I REALLY wanted a F-150 Extended Range top of the line model, that's still only $90k .... so I'm sure I could get for £100k.

I still have my CyberTruck reservation ... if Musk can ever find a way to release it in the UK meeting all the regulations etc.. without making it into something I don't like the looks of, I'll still buy it ... until then Musk can keep my £100!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think it's great. I would buy one at £45 - £50k that's the same sort of price as my Mercedes estate. I need something that can tow.

It's not stupidly huge it's a van size sort of vehicle. Perfectly useable in the UK not in city centre obviously we are not talking daily driver. The cybertruck Is amazing but we will never see that in Europe. The design will never meet safety standards (no bumpers, angular dedign etc)

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
181 Posts
The innovation of EV vehicles with utility built into them, such as battery backup, onsite power etc, is just an incredible development for an industry which has largely resigned itself to designing better cup holders for the last couple of decades. It's brilliant...

(Although yes they are the size of a van but they are still huge - from living in America, I used to see a Ranger and think "wow that's small" compared to an F150 - then I moved back to UK and couldn't believe how big Rangers looked here. I almost bought a Ranger as a little runaround there!!!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I would legit buy one for £40k, assuming I moved somewhere with a charge point.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts