Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently it will be powered by a SWARCI back office with Swarco supplied CIRCONTROL chargers.

What could possibly go wrong?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

When you read their website, their is some seriously misleading stuff in their promotional material.

Public money is involved again!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
Apparently it will be powered by a SWARCI back office with Swarco supplied CIRCONTROL chargers.

What could possibly go wrong?
I came across them a couple of months ago and was not impressed.
Seemed like the dreams of the five participants, with nothing actually happening with their plans.
Yes, good luck definitely needed if they go with Swarco.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I came across them a couple of months ago and was not impressed.
Seemed like the dreams of the five participants, with nothing actually happening with their plans.
Yes, good luck definitely needed if they go with Swarco.
Car Salesman on their board as Chairman.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
Car Salesman on their board as Chairman.
Set up to get hold of funding from the gov, Energy Saving Trust, etc without the five spending their own.....

Also no postal address which is against the regulations and no company number.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
If I was them, I'd buy the council's chargers. Some councils can't be bothered and don't have the money to pay for repairs not covered by a maintenance contract.
The council has spent public money on the ground works and power supply, so no need to repay it. Some chargers will be coming to the end of their useful life anyway and will need replacing with contactless payment capability chargers.

If its possible to do it, Forev could have a working network in no time, probably at lower cost than starting from scratch. The big mistake would be keeping Swarco's involvement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts