Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV, Red, 230.4MJ (64kWh) Premium SE (10.5kW OBC)
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that various settings in the Kona EV (2020 in my case) reset themselves without driver input. I've noticed the following:
  • Home screen widgets - we want the Climate page in the centre panel, but this reverts to EV at random times, possibly on completion of a charge cycle
  • Lane Departure Warning (beep only) vs Lane Keep Assist (steering nudges) - LDW changes to LKA, but haven't been able to work out exactly when. It's NOT every time the car is "started", but it's not as infrequent as every time it's charged either.
  • LDW/LKA turns on each time the car is "started" - note that this is different to LDW becoming LKA above.
  • Auto-hold turns off each time the car is "started"
Where I drive, LKA is positively dangerous as I frequently drive on roads only just wide enough for two cars to safely pass, with a ditch and a white line down each side of the road. LKA tries to position the vehicle in the middle of the road - a "nudge" of the steering while whilst passing another car definitely gets your attention, hence I really want this "feature" to turn off and stay off.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Lane Departure Warning (beep only) vs Lane Keep Assist (steering nudges) - LDW changes to LKA, but haven't been able to work out exactly when. It's NOT every time the car is "started", but it's not as infrequent as every time it's charged either.
It may reset when the trip resets.
The trip data doesn't reset when the car is turned off and on, so if you go somewhere, leave the car for a while and then continue, the continuation just gets added to the original part. At some point it decides you are making a new journey and resets the trip (I'd have to RTFM to see what the parameters are).
I'd guess this is when it's resetting the LKA.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
  • LDW/LKA turns on each time the car is "started" - note that this is different to LDW becoming LKA above.
  • Auto-hold turns off each time the car is "started
A lot of the safety stuff, usually things with a toggle button, revert to on when the car is started. The driver needs to consciously 'say' he does not want them active at that time. It's part of getting reduced insurance premiums.

Not sure why the auto-hold gets that treatment too though.

·
Registered
307 Posts
LKA on is default at startup as is autohold is off I don't think you can change these settings. I can't really comment on your other changes as I don't use LDW and climate as a widget.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
84 Posts
Is Auto Hold an on/off option in the settings page - right of the speedometer? Could that be set to off.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Auto hold is the button by the gear lever and resets to being off every time you power down the car, which is really annoying!

Reactions: IanMurray
1 - 7 of 7 Posts