Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know... A Roadster would be a good substitute for that car... (perhaps you can see if any of the folks that are unhappy with their Roadsters in the UK will sell you theirs...)
Not sure Dennis..

Here in the UK I could buy 6 or 7 of mine for the same price as a used Roadster! Don't think even Kevin is going to sell me his for something in my price range!

For the premium on a weekend toy, it just doesn't seem worth it. Besides I wouldn't dare taking a Tesla on a track, my pockets aren't deep enough should I ding it, and I suspect getting track insurance would be a nightmare.

·
1,550 Posts
Not sure Dennis..

Here in the UK I could buy 6 or 7 of mine for the same price as a used Roadster! Don't think even Kevin is going to sell me his for something in my price range!

For the premium on a weekend toy, it just doesn't seem worth it. Besides I wouldn't dare taking a Tesla on a track, my pockets aren't deep enough should I ding it, and I suspect getting track insurance would be a nightmare.
Ah... Then, you're just using a hybrid garage. I have one of those with an even more polluting BMW X5 that I use when I need to haul stuff or when fresh snow hits the Southern California mountain. (currently running 95% EV vs gasoline as opposed to my first year when I was closer to 80/20).

No penance needed as long as your ratios are greater EV than gasoline.

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Starting to think about looking for a nice old open top car and get it converted..... hmm....

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Simon Mac, stelvio if I'm not mistaken.
Well spotted ;)

My daughter and I did, Nottingham -> Brussels -> Luxembourg -> Reutte -> Stelvio -> Milan -> Monaco -> Lyon -> Paris -> St Omer -> Nottingham in 10 Days :eek:

Stelvio, Monaco GP circuit, and Route De Napoleon being the big driving highlights ;)

·
Banned
789 Posts
My second home, that's half way up on the south East side. Bullmio and bernina are good too. Col de tourini North from monte carlo is also one not to be missed. I normally do stelvio over 3 days.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My second home, that's half way up on the south East side. Bullmio and bernina are good too. Col de tourini North from monte carlo is also one not to be missed. I normally do stelvio over 3 days.
Presumably not in a Zoe ? :D

·
Banned
789 Posts
My last road trip was stratford upon Avon - bruge-amsterdam-oslo-stolkholm-berlin-leipzig-home in 6 days. Searched by police 3 times andnearly aarrested once. Good old days.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I gave our normal car a much needed run out. Complete opposite of the diddy c zero...a hyundai santa fe auto.

It needed it too.....barely cranked over after not being used for a month. The fuel economy was frightening at 34mpg but it was nice to have some warmth.

You don't half take a car's heater for granted.....

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I gave our normal car a much needed run out. Complete opposite of the diddy c zero...a hyundai santa fe auto.

It needed it too.....barely cranked over after not being used for a month. The fuel economy was frightening at 34mpg but it was nice to have some warmth.

You don't half take a car's heater for granted.....
Interesting about the heater reference. Recent days of sub zero temperatures have made me realise how much faster our Zoe warms up compared to our diesel Megane. Modern technology?;)

Today I only got as washing the Megane. I still can't bear the noise of an engine running!:p

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting about the heater reference. Recent days of sub zero temperatures have made me realise how much faster our Zoe warms up compared to our diesel Megane. Modern technology?;)

Today I only got as washing the Megane. I still can't bear the noise of an engine running!:p
What's all this about waiting for a car to heat up ? I just press a button on my phone before I get in the shower, and the car is toasty when I leave for work :confused:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm too tight to put the heater on because if the impact on range. I've got a 12v heated seat cover though...

The C zero and ion imiev clones don't have the remote control heater. .....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts