1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats @Chris Everitt :D ;)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mitsubishi Sport utility vehicle

Press release:

A company that installs charging points for electric vehicles has bought a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV so that it can practise what it preaches.

Chris Everitt, Managing Director of EV Charging Solutions, opted for the new vehicle after seeing his business expand with more and more people keen to have home charging points installed.

He said: “The sales figures show more motorists are buying low emission vehicles and with the Outlander PHEV it’s a no-brainer because if you run out of electric power you can run it on petrol, so there’s no anxiety.

“We’re seeing a lot of customers now who have bought an Outlander PHEV so it’s great to have the same vehicle and be able to talk to them about it. Having the PHEV shows that we take these vehicles seriously and we practise what we preach.”

In April the government announced a raft of measures designed to help the UK lead the shift to low and ultra-low carbon vehicles, with the promise of £500m of investment between 2015 and 2020.

Part of the package from the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) is to allow £200m for the continuation of the Plug-in Car Grant, securing the government contribution of up to £5,000 towards the cost of vehicles such as the Outlander PHEV.

EV Charging Solutions, based at the Nottingham CleanTech Centre in St Peter’s Street, also receives a grant from the government, which covers 75% of the cost of each installation and is capped at £900.

The PHEV, which is exempt from road tax and the London congestion charge, uses both electric and petrol power. It can travel 32.5 miles on battery power – more than enough to accommodate most daily average journey distances.

The impressive electric range gives the vehicle significant environmental credentials. It emits just 44g/km of CO2and the official combined fuel consumption figure is 148mpg.

·
http://ts.la/david3488
642 Posts
I think the PHEV whilst a stepping stone for technology to catch up is bad for charging infrastructure if fitted with CHAD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately the company he manages is not interested in Customer Services and he doesnt want to know.

I had EV Charging Solutions install a Podpoint unit on pm Friday 27th November 2015 unfortunately it completely failed on its second charge at about 75% charge (44 miles). Sent an email in then rang and spoke to Chris on Wednesday pm after I went to plug in the charger and it was dead, no trip switches tripped and the unit was completely dead with no lights. He was obviously surprised and said he would contact the supplier who remotely monitors the chargers and get back to me in the morning with a solution. Left it till 11.30 spoke to Customer Services who hadnt read my email and claimed to know nothing about it. She said she wold get straight back to me. Again 2 hours pass had to ring again, again, the excuse was the supplier again. (Who i have spoken to today and they know nothing about it and they dont have my unit registered). Anyway that doesnt really matter as i need it fixed, but i'm not here tomorrow but I will be hear on Monday. No problem sir and ill ring ou back with a time, guess what no call had to call again they were waiting for someone to give them a time, i asked for an email confirmation. Came back Monday from my long weekend to an email saying someone will be along Wednesday to have a look at it! .

Whoa ring up at just after 11 and asked to speak o a manager and get a Director answering the phone who new nothing about it. I will look in to it and get back to you. Rings back at 12.45 with a bunch of excuses about the supplier and staff which he had to rescind when i told him i had spoken to them, he then got defensive ad offered excuses about being busy. I unfortunately said that i wasnt really interested in excuses and that i needed a solution that didnt involve waiting for 8 days before someone looked at it i needed it fixed. At that point he just became rude and to which i responded with if you are not going to fix it then you had better remove it, to which the response was we will remove it. Unbelievable poor customer service, infact non existant in terms of solutions.

Left messages for Chris to ring me he hasnt bothered, theye just responded by refunding me.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
33,233 Posts
It pays £0 tax, Band A.

EVs are exempt. Outlander PHEV isn't.

I really don't see why everyone keeps getting this all confused. HM Gov too.

It's pretty bl00dy simple.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Nor is it exempt from the London congestion charge. It currently receives 100% discount.
Nor will it do 148 miles on one gallon of petrol alone.
Quite simple.
It pays £0 tax, Band A.

EVs are exempt. Outlander PHEV isn't.

I really don't see why everyone keeps getting this all confused. HM Gov too.

It's pretty bl00dy simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts