Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fascinating article by Jeremy Grantham (chief investment strategist at GMO)...

"I recently took a drive in a GMO colleague'sTesla (ticker: TSLA) from New York to Boston. Now, I am about as far from a car freak as you will easily find. I just turned in a 12-year-old Volvo that unfortunately had been sideswiped, for otherwise it was good for years more. But I have to say that my recent Tesla journey was my #1 car experience ever."

http://m.barrons.com/articles/a/SB50001424053111904710004579367232326349324

·
Banned
558 Posts
Tesla may be the ultimate BEV; however, in it's price bracket it faces huge competition from a number of brands - mostly with hybrids. We also should not go overboard in thinking that Tesla will dominate the European market for low-carbon luxury cars. There is huge brand loyalty to Merc/Audi/BMW - even Jaguar and in many countries there is a huge resistance to American cars?
However, I suspect Tesla's Achilles heel lies in their availability? Some UK orders have already been in place 4+ years and I expect the quota for UK RHD spec cars will be low? Others brands will probably steal the sales of those who have bought into the low carbon technologies - but who are unaccustomed to waiting years for the latest 'bling thing'!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Does anyone know what delivery time they are quoting for RHD models ordered now? its not unusual for Merc/Audi/BMW to also take a long time too, 6 months is pretty usual, people waiting 4 years have been waiting on a promise that was made prior to them even having the factory built.

I should get a ride in one fairly soon to see what all the fuss is about, my friends dad has been on the waiting list a long time.

·
Registered
i8, e2008, i3, eNV200
235 Posts
Tesla will announce that publicly in the near future together with the Manchester and Birmingham locations :)
Will be interesting to see where it is in London... The thought of the car having to go over to West London is a major turn off. Aftersales is a strong factor for me, and may deter me from taking a Model S.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Life is too short!l! :cool:
Fully agree, I have always tried to live my life hoping the day I lay on my death bed I never regret having not tried something. I know too many people who spend their lives living carefully to save for retirement and then drop dead 2 years after they retire.

Life is for living

1 - 15 of 15 Posts