Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying the removal of the battery lease liability has increased its value or that it's worth even less without the pack?

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Are you saying the removal of the battery lease liability has increased its value or that it's worth even less without the pack?
Well, I think they go for around £3,500 with the battery.

Not sure if this one is even salvageable.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,688 Posts
$9K for a Fluence pack with no warranty :LOL:

I guess if someone has a damaged Fluence but good battery they might be interested in the Facebook car, but unlikely at the price being asked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought this Fluence a week ago. Will fix it with a Zoe battery pack. Hope it does not have anything else broken. I discovered it was missing the relay box under the hood for 12V systems power supply. I managed to source it, still won't turn on as the 12V battery measured only 9V.

If someone has the original battery box, without the battery modules, for sale, I would be interested to buy as I managed to source a Leaf 40kWh pack as well and it'll be a straight swap.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
@Toomba - the Fluence battery pack is not the same as a Zoe, it is a completely different size, shape and type of cells.
You need an original Fluence battery box and wiring (or complete battery) then you can rebuild with better cells.
Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@G.a.r.y. I'm aware of all the things you mentioned.

I have discovered the Fluence is missing the following computers as well:
  • BCM (body control module)
  • EVC (electric vehicle control module)
The problem is the keys, the above 2 and the PEB (inverter) are all software coded between them. The simple solution is to replace all of these from another car.

As an alternative, I found a guy at Renault who can help me reflash all these for 600£, but I'd have to buy equipment (600-700£) and to follow his instructions. For the same money 1200-1300£ he can do that for me, but I'd have to take the car to him and he is like 1,5k miles away in Europe. Shipping car both ways adds to that.

The same guy sells the Fluence ZE repair manual with all the schematics for 150£.

I'm now looking into swapping all the bits from a Zoe, including keys, computers, inverter, 22-43kW bcb, motor, everything.

I'd share my findings with anyone who can give me a hand on this.

Or if I don't find any support I'd just sell it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts