Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after over 5 years I have just found another reason the Ampera will bong at you. I had just charged up at a public charger using my own cable, unplugged at the charger and my phone rang. I had not disconnected the car end and whilst on the call the car started bonging, not as loud as the alarm or the double toot when set on a delayed charge. At first I thought it was the cable disconnection alarm, which I don't have set anyway, but it was not as loud. Trying the keyfob to open the door had no effect as it would do with the normal alarm, it was only when I unplugged my cable from the car that it stopped.

·
Member of Members
227 Posts
Isn't there a setting for loss of charge alarm? I seem to remember it in the settings... somewhere?
Unplug from post, but cable still plugged in at the car end sounds like the right scenario..

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Isn't there a setting for loss of charge alarm? I seem to remember it in the settings... somewhere?
Unplug from post, but cable still plugged in at the car end sounds like the right scenario..
That is the same as the theft alarm, I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Member of Members
227 Posts
That is the same as the theft alarm, I think.
Page 84 of the manual says there are two different alarms that can be turned on or off.
Charging Cord Theft Alarm
Charging Power Loss Alert
I'm sure I've seen them both in the settings, but can't remember exactly where.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It could be the Charging Loss Alert. I've only ever seen on-screen that the charging had been interrupted, probably because I have not around to hear the alert. It was not as loud as the Charging Cord Theft Alert, I have heard that once and then deactivated it when I forgot it was set. It was more like the car still powered up alert when you open the driver's door with the car still on though it was definitely coming from the horn as opposed to the internal beeper. I had not even got as far as opening any door as I was on the phone with the charger end of the cable in one hand and my phone in the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts