Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried to take Nissan up on the recent offer that Leaf owners could borrow an ICE for 2 weeks a year ?

If so how do you do it ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi, we've used it a couple of times. It works really well. I think our dealer is an exception in that it is really pro EV and seem to do anything to make the whole process easy. They said that if you need a car we'll give you a car. I email them with the dates I need and then they confirm with me about a week before hand what car it will be, first time a choice of Pathfinder or Note, took the Note as only needed a small car. Second time we were on a family holiday for a week and got a X Trail Tekna which was great. I just turn up they photocopy my licence for the insurance, I sign a form to say I'm liable for speeding fines etc and away we go. They don't even charge me for insurance. If you need any more info let me know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow. Which dealer is this? Was it the one where you bought the car, or just your nearest current one?

(And hello, by the way - I'm originally from Leicester :D )

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi it is the dealer we bought the car from. Sandicliffe in Loughborough. The sales manager is a big EV advocate and have been great so far in the ease of ownership.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi, we've used it a couple of times. It works really well. I think our dealer is an exception in that it is really pro EV and seem to do anything to make the whole process easy. They said that if you need a car we'll give you a car. I email them with the dates I need and then they confirm with me about a week before hand what car it will be, first time a choice of Pathfinder or Note, took the Note as only needed a small car. Second time we were on a family holiday for a week and got a X Trail Tekna which was great. I just turn up they photocopy my licence for the insurance, I sign a form to say I'm liable for speeding fines etc and away we go. They don't even charge me for insurance. If you need any more info let me know.
Well all I can say is that my dealer ( West London Motor Group - Reading ) are a million miles away from the service you receive.

Phoned this morning as I need a petrol car for my hols ( which are 2 weeks away ) and the service department didn't really have a clue about this service, but they took my details, but I didn't receive a call back and so phoned just to follow up. Spoke to the same person and he was really crabby about it, very much 'Not My Job Guv'

So I am waiting for a call back from Dean Baines but I'm not holding my breath about it!!! Will keep you all updated..

It really is shocking service!!!

Ian.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
There are many T&Cs related to this loaner scheme.

1. FREE USE OF AN EXTRA CAR
(i) Available to new LEAF customers only. Not available to used or demo LEAF customers.
(ii) Available to Retail and Motability customers only.
(iii) During the first 3 years of ownership of a new Nissan LEAF, purchased from a participating
Nissan dealership, customers may arrange to borrow a petrol or diesel car from a participating
Nissan dealership for up to 14 days per year.
(iv) Unless otherwise stated by the individual dealership, a total mileage limit of 2000 miles applies
(i.e. 143 miles per day).
(v) Loan cars are subject to availability. Customers must give at least 7 days’ notice to the
participating dealer before the pick-up date.
(iv) Each booking must be for a minimum of one day. Any booking which lasts for less than
one day will count as one full day for the purposes of this scheme.
(vii) The loan car will be either petrol or diesel, and will be either manual, automatic or semi-auto at
the dealer’s discretion. Participating dealers are not able to guarantee the model, specification,
features, fuel type or transmission type of the loan car. The loan car will be no smaller than a
Nissan Note (i.e. it will not be a Pixo or Micra) unless (a) the customer specifically requests a
smaller car and (b) one is available.
(viii) Insurance to be paid for by the customer. Customer can choose one of the following options:
i. Purchase a daily-rate insurance from the dealer at £5 per day. For full details and
terms and conditions please refer to your dealer (e.g. age restrictions)
ii. Switch their insurance from their LEAF to the loan car for the duration of the loan.
Any costs incurred from the switching will be borne by the customers. Please ask
your insurance company to provide you with a quote.
(ix) Insurance purchased from the dealer is valid for the UK, NI and RoI only. Should the
customer want to travel outside these regions in the loan car, they must select option
ii. above.
(x) Customers must return the loan car to the dealership in the same condition as it was in when
it was picked up by the customer. Customers may not make any modifications to the loan car,
and dealerships will not make modifications to the loan car for individual customers.
(xi) Customers are responsible for fuelling the loan car (including replacing any fuel provided
by the dealership).
(xii) Customers are responsible for any costs, charges, damages, fines, and losses incurred
by them during the loan period (including, without limitation, parking charges and fines,
congestion charges, speeding penalties, damage to third party property, etc).
(xiii) Dealers reserve the right to check the customer’s driving license.
2. 24HOUR TEST DRIVE
(i) At participating dealerships.
(ii) Subject to availability at the time of booking
(iii) Each dealer’s terms and restrictions may vary (for example, notice requirements,
minimum age restrictions, etc), so please ask your local dealership for further details.
NISSAN LEAF CUSTOMER COMMITMENTS T&CS
These customer commitments apply to all LEAF customers, unless otherwise stated.
3. BATTERY STATE OF HEALTH GUARANTEE
(i) If the battery capacity level gauge falls below 9 bars (out of 12 bars) on your new LEAF within
60,000 miles or the first 5 years of the LEAF’s life (whichever comes first), Nissan will repair or
replace the damaged battery components at no charge to bring the capacity up to 9 bars.
(ii) This guarantee applies to any LEAF purchased outright (both vehicle and battery purchased
i.e. not LEAF Flex, for which the battery is leased separately) in the UK (including new LEAF,
used LEAF) whether by retail or fleet customers.
(iii) For LEAF Flex customers, the guarantee applies for the duration of the lease.
4. FREE NISSAN PANEUROPEAN EV ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
(i) Available in selected European countries. Contact your local Nissan dealer
for more information.
(ii) For LEAF customers purchasing outright both vehicle and battery, the Nissan EV European
Roadside Assistance is provided for the duration of your vehicle’s basic warranty period –
either three years or 60,000 miles (whichever comes first). However, after 3 years, the Nissan
EV European Roadside Assistance will be renewed for 1 year when the LEAF is serviced at a
Nissan authorised service centre. This will continue to be renewed every subsequent year so
long as the LEAF is serviced at a Nissan authorised service centre.
(iii) For LEAF Flex (battery lease) customers, Nissan EV European Roadside Assistance
is provided for the duration of your battery lease agreement.
(iv) Under the Nissan EV European Roadside Assistance scheme, if your Nissan LEAF battery
runs out while you are travelling and cannot be re-charged at your location, your car will be
towed to either:
i. a location of your choice within a 30-mile range of your location;
ii. the nearest rapid charger within a 30-mile range where the LEAF can be charged;
iii. the nearest Nissan EV dealer with a rapid charger within a 30-mile range of your
location (restricted to dealer operating hours) where the LEAF can be charged; or
iv. the nearest slow/fast charger within a 30-mile range of your location.
(v) Customers must be in possession of the relevant RFID cards to enable usage of
chargers. If any cost for re-charging the Nissan LEAF applies, it shall be covered by
the driver.
(vi) The Nissan EV European Roadside Assistance scheme is offered subject to fair use
by you. Repeated call outs without reasonable cause, or any other abuse, or flagrant
abuse of the scheme or your LEAF may result in your access to the scheme being
suspended or terminated at Nissan’s discretion.
(vii) The Nissan European Roadside Assistance is intended to supplement the
YOU+ Nissan CARE Roadside Assistance, details of which are available here.
These customer commitments apply to all LEAF customers, unless otherwise stated.
5. FREE RAPID CHARGING AT PARTICIPATING NISSAN DEALERSHIPS
AND THE ECOTRICITY ELECTRIC HIGHWAY
(i) Subject to applicable opening hours, availability, hosting site owners’ own terms
and conditions, and fair usage policy.
(ii) The Ecotricity Electric Highway is a network of rapid chargers at motorway service stations
operated by Ecotricity. Operation of Ecotricity Electric Highway rapid chargers requires
registration and RFID card. More details. Ecotricity Electric Highway rapid charger usage is
subject to Ecotricity’s terms and conditions, available here.
(iii) Offer lasts until 31st December 2014 and will be reviewed thereafter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts