Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I bought a budget tyre to fit on my spare wheel from Blackcircles. It's a Mazzini ECO607. After it was fitted I realised it's a directional tyre so no good as a spare. So if anyone wants a new tyre and can collect from east London/Essex border please reply.
Sorry I haven't found an alternative yet so I will need to keep it until I do.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,677 Posts
Well, you have a 50/50 chance that it will work for you? :eek:

Sorry, could not help it. But if it is from an online shop, can't you return it with the exact same excuse?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I might be lucky with the side that punctures. Also it hopefully it won't be a wet dark night with a howling gale. :):(
I tried the shop that fitted it but they said the tyre was worthless once fitted. It was my mistake because I should have checked first, but as I've discovered since the info is not readily available. I have emailed some manufacturers but no replies yet. I'll have to keep it until I can find an alternative.

·
Registered
68 Posts
After 25 years in the tyre industry I’d advise you to just keep it as a spare. If you have to use it just take it steady, it’ll be fine.
Do you really think directional tyres never get fitted on the wrong wheels? Ever heard of a problem caused by that?
What do you think happens with a new car fitted with directional tyres that has a full size spare?
Im not suggesting you run directional tyres on the wrong side for miles and miles but honestly, don’t worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts