Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you spot the two Leafs in this video? They are on charge points. The charge points double as advertising boards which would be valuable in locations with sufficient footfall, railway stations and motorway services for example. Advertisement banner companies could pay for the posts to be installed and earn revenue from marketing campaign budgets. That might make them financially sustainable without the cost and complication of trying to charge users for electricity consumed.
Far too sensible an idea to be seen here? From transport evolved.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Part of the grant scheme insists they are in highly visible locations anyway I believe.

Only downside is people ignore obvious charge points, put an advert there and they will be even more ignored I fear.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part of the grant scheme insists they are in highly visible locations anyway I believe.

Only downside is people ignore obvious charge points, put an advert there and they will be even more ignored I fear.
Yes, hopefully advertisers could be encouraged if not made to advertise the charge point location on charge point maps in exchange for their additional use of the location.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I have to admit, I don't understand the concept here. If the location is suitable for an advertising billboard why would the landowner install free charging plus a billboard instead of just installing the billboard on its own? Surely that would cost less and pull in the same revenue.

Or are they thinking that planners will approve charger+billboard for locations where they would reject the billboard on its own?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have to admit, I don't understand the concept here. If the location is suitable for an advertising billboard why would the landowner install free charging plus a billboard instead of just installing the billboard on its own? Surely that would cost less and pull in the same revenue.

Or are they thinking that planners will approve charger+billboard for locations where they would reject the billboard on its own?
More eyeballs + targeted demographics of EV drivers for that spot is worth the extra outlay.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Why don't you see EVs advertised on petrol pump handles? That would be GENIUS.

Go on Tesla, DO IT. (As I doubt any of the others would have the courage).
I can just see it:
Picture of handsome man/attractive woman standing beside their EV. Caption: "Want to know when I last filled up? Never!"
(Insert sinister "bwa ha ha" if required)

Or:
"Don't you just love getting petrol/diesel on your hands? No. Me neither..."

Pretty sure the oil companies wouldn't allow it though...

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Not sure how advertising law works on pumps, but I'm sure there's regulations which say you can't stop someone advertising just because you don't like their message... It's been a while since I moved in those circles though.

Slogans:

"NEVER AGAIN"

"PLEASURE, WITHOUT THIS PAIN"

That's it, too tired for this. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts