Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I charged once this morning, 4 times yesterday and a handful of times at Ecotricity rapids over the past week. None of the chargers have been on free vend recently, but I am finding that I’m not being billed at the end of sessions. The pre-auth is immediately dropping from my bank account, no email receipt, and the app just keeps saying I’ve not been charged.

Is anyone else seeing the same here, or have Ecotricity just been kind enough to stop billing me after I recently did my 1000th paid rapid charging session with them?

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
628 Posts
I'm nowhere near that level. Used 5 times in the last week, been charged every time.. :( but on the positive side, they worked perfectly!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
At one point I managed many months just on freevends but lockdown has seen the units going back into their correct state. Some are starting to fail back to FV which is nice for me but can't be helping their business model...

·
Zoe Devotee
9,120 Posts
I charged once this morning, 4 times yesterday and a handful of times at Ecotricity rapids over the past week. None of the chargers have been on free vend recently, but I am finding that I’m not being billed at the end of sessions. The pre-auth is immediately dropping from my bank account, no email receipt, and the app just keeps saying I’ve not been charged.

Is anyone else seeing the same here, or have Ecotricity just been kind enough to stop billing me after I recently did my 1000th paid rapid charging session with them?
View attachment 131379

You've paid 1000 times? I think now technically your the Electric Highway owner.... get it fixed! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You've paid 1000 times? I think now technically your the Electric Highway owner.... get it fixed! :ROFLMAO:
You’ve got a fair point. I feel like I’ve put significantly more money into the network the last few years than Dale has himself. I probably should be asking where my money has gone with regards to maintenance... I’ll not be happy if I get told my charging has instead been funding vegan football clubs or whatever his latest phase is!

Most of my charging has been on Chademo or AC43 so EH reliability has been fantastic, but I really do feel for those with CCS equipped cars who can’t get a charge and don’t have the convenience of charging just off the motorway during a long trip. The state of their network in terms of support for the growing majority of EVs now has gone far beyond a joke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts