Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else just get an email from Telsa asking them to redeem their free all weather protection kit? The code seems to have worked so I should receive some free mudflaps soon (normally £50). I guess this is cheaper than respraying people's cars!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I opted for the PF kit as I already installed aftermarket mud flaps on our M3. Not sure when I will get around to installing it but I'm pleased to have the kit.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Any other manufacturer offers weather protection: “lol your cars are rusty trash”
Tesla offers mudflaps for the same reason: “thank you Elon-senpai 😍”

🤪

Reactions: Padrino

·
Registered
Looking for a new EV...again 🚙
425 Posts
WOW, someone got a bad temper methink.....😂

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Cos he spent £40k on a rusty car

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
On a serious note, I’m on the fence with Tesla. I had a Model 3 for ~6 months. Some great benefits, some embarrassing failures.

They’ll be great once Musk sells it to Daimler.

Reactions: Padrino

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
743 Posts
Have Tesla disclosed what these mudflaps do to the coefficient drag of the car?

Or have they just given them away for free to gloss over a design flaw that the front wheels kick stones / road grit at the sides of the car damaging the paintwork and hope that no one will question the aerodynamics??

🙏🤣

·
Registered
211 Posts
No email for me but when I collected my car last week there was a pair of mudflaps in the boot. There were smaller mudflaps already fitted to the front. I wondered what was going on.

·
Registered
Tesla Model X 75 D
180 Posts
They’ll be great once Musk sells it to Daimler.
At current valuations Tesla is the most valuable car company by a very long way. Something like 10 times more valuable than Daimler. So in a merger Tesla would be buying the other company. Personally I don't see the logic in Daimler. Maybe Panasonic or LG or a Chinese or Indian manufacturer.

·
Registered
Looking for a new EV...again 🚙
425 Posts
It is funny how people who are driving a car for £40K+ and looking down on everybody else (insert user name by your choice here) are getting so excited from a "free" mudflaps provided to them to cover the real issue with the car. What is even more amusing is that we even have a discussion about it. Well....my "crappy" Renault Zoe came with mudflaps, leather heated seats and BOSE sound system 😂

1 - 20 of 53 Posts