Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read somewhere that Nissan dealerships offer free charging for Nissan Leafs up to 3 times a week.

I assume this is only for the first purchaser rather than secondhand purchases?
I’ve tried searching on Google but no joy.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Most Nissan dealers have a rapid charger. Its first come first service basis and they are free. No limits

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Rapid chargers (where fitted) have a fair use policy, which I think most would be pushed to breach. More of a safety net to stop abuse.

Fast chargers are unlimited if you can actually get onto one without it being ICED by customers or dealers due to lack of parking spaces. And supposing you can be bothered waiting, or its in a handy location for you.

It is for any owner, because lets face it, how would they know if you are the first/second/third owner?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’ve read somewhere that Nissan dealerships offer free charging for Nissan Leafs up to 3 times a week.

I assume this is only for the first purchaser rather than secondhand purchases?
I’ve tried searching on Google but no joy.

thanks.
I don't know if it is just Hendy Nissan who provide an ICE vehicle for 2 weeks a year to their EV customers or if it applies to all Nissan dealers. They give your car to one of their salesmen and you take their vehicle for your holiday. This is for both new and used sales.

As others have said, all Nissan dealers nationwide allow free rapid charging.

Cheers, Tony

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I don't know if it is just Hendy Nissan who provide an ICE vehicle for 2 weeks a year to their EV customers or if it applies to all Nissan dealers. They give your car to one of their salesmen and you take their vehicle for your holiday. This is for both new and used sales.

As others have said, all Nissan dealers nationwide allow free rapid charging.

Cheers, Tony
Sorry @Barfly not meaning to be rude but they do not give your car to one of the sales staff. That would be a mental thing to do. You simply get one of their courtesy cars or pool cars.

Its the original supplying dealer and is meant to be for all dealers, though some have been known to not be overly compliant. I have had cars a few times and never had any issue, others report otherwise, and getting charged insurance, and other obstacles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Electrician- When I had one earlier in the Summer, I had to sign a disclaimer allowing them basically to flush it down the toilet. They said then it may be issued to one of their staff members for the duration or part of it.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Electrician- When I had one earlier in the Summer, I had to sign a disclaimer allowing them basically to flush it down the toilet. They said then it may be issued to one of their staff members for the duration or part of it.
Well I am stunned at that @Barfly

They never asked me to take my car in, I only did for my convenience and didn't leave my keys. This is on three or four occasions.

There's no way I would allow some sales staff or whoever to use my private vehicle for their own use. I would be going through the T&Cs to see where it states that.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I bought my new 40 a month ago the dealer (Chorley Nissan in Wigan) told me that they were no longer doing the option to take an ICE car for a free loan.

·
Registered
117 Posts
@Barfly I suspect your supplying dealer did the loan vehicle outside of their Nissan commitment as I believe you purchased a pre owned vehicle.
Have a look here.
Interesting, I think they must have taken these t&c's and done their own. As an ex taxi driver Iregard a vehicle as a tool, and I don't care who drives it as long as I deem them capable, I don't have the emotional attachment to them others seem to have.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
When I bought my new 40 a month ago the dealer (Chorley Nissan in Wigan) told me that they were no longer doing the option to take an ICE car for a free loan.
I was told the same by Nissan CS. I enquired whether option to get ICE was available for non dealer used purchase.

Was told that its no longer Nissan initiative rather might be dealer feature.

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That can't be right.
I got my new 62kw last day September and the replacement ICE is still valid. To be honest I never used with the 30kw and don't think I will with the new one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts