Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna
256 Posts
The Electric Highway / Ecotricity charger opposite the Esso at Mile End Roundabout, Morda, Oswestry SY11 4JA is on free vend (11th April).

Had a very successful test of the IONIQ EV, visiting this charger on a long run for a couple of 10min free bursts between Chester, Clun and back! Hyundai Chester - good folks!
It's been on free vend since the New Year, handy for me since I visit friends in Oswestry and it's juuuust too far to get there and back on a single charge!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It's been on free vend since the New Year, handy for me since I visit friends in Oswestry and it's juuuust too far to get there and back on a single charge!
Bugger, wish I'd have known that a couple of weeks ago, I ended up gong to the Telford rapid as I could make it, paid to charge then afterwards spent 45 minutes trying to get out of the services and onto the roundabout due to traffic :eek: If I'd have gone to Oswestry I wouldn't have lost money or time :cry:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It's been on free vend since the New Year,
Which was handy for me in early March when I was able to grab just enough (2.3kWh) to ensure I could get home without giving my wife range anxiety - had I had to pay £6 I would have waited longer and taken more charge. As it was, I was in, charged, and away all within 5 minutes!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hmmm, might be a good weekend to visit my folks :unsure::unsure::unsure:(n)(y)
And it was - paid for the Shrewsbury rapid going north (Oswestry was my plan B) but used Oswestry on the way back. Apparently its been on free vend since it was installed 2 years ago (according to the guys in the petrol station pay desk). Not complaining, 300 miles for £6 and £1.60 charging now i'm back home.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Apparently its been on free vend since it was installed 2 years ago
I actually had to pay on an outward trip to Bodnant NT last August, but on the return trip the post could not be contacted, and after a couple of attempts to restart the app the post went into free vend mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts