Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came up on one of my feeds presumably as I'd been doing some fantasy planning for a holiday for when the current s**tshow is all over. 'O' level French was 50 years ago so some may benefit more than I have, but the gist is that competition between supermarkets means a rapidly expanding number of chargers. Of interest that one company is talking of a variety of charge speeds, generally recharging will be free although Auchan won't be as they see EV charging as replacing their fuel stations.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Nice article. The supermarkets see EV charging as an essential, question is whether to put in the low-current destination chargers, or Rapids costing 100k Euros. Auchan has dished out 1.7 million kWh in a year, consumption's going up by 40%, so even if the low-power destinations are free, I can't see the Rapids ever being free.

Digressing from the article, nothing stopping them doing a discount off your Rapid bill if you scan the receipt as you leave, as Ikea do to refund your parking cost. So, rather like the ancient Green Shield stamps (remember them? Showing my age...) loyalty rewards, I'm sure there will be some similar loyalty-schemes that try to lock you in to shopping with them rather than down the road.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
« Pour favoriser une diversité des usages et répondre à la variété des besoins, GreenYellow déploiera à la fois des bornes de recharge rapides et des bornes de recharge ultrarapides avec un panachage des puissances (22 kW, 50 kW, 350 kW) », indique l'entreprise. « Pour favoriser une diversité des usages et répondre à la variété des besoins, GreenYellow déploiera à la fois des bornes de recharge rapides et des bornes de recharge ultrarapides avec un panachage des puissances (22 kW, 50 kW, 350 kW) », indique l'entreprise.

No indication what they would charge for these faster chargers although the article says in the line immediately below that for now the supermarkets "offrent" the power for what until now has been relatively lightly used. Looks like a 'watch this space' situation..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts