Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the whole network isn’t working.

Bit of an own goal for the public charging network. Expensive when it did work and now kaput.

I did however get a free overnight charge last night on the new ‘Born’ network.

·
Registered
173 Posts
They claim that there's a security issue with all chargepoints they've installed from one manufacturer, by the look of it, they're the EVtechnic ones.
Now, I know that the French language is a bit vague about the difference between safety (sécurité) and security (sécurité).
It looks like the EVTechnic chargers are the same ones that GeniePoint aka EDF have been installing.
Given that Izivia were part of EDF, can we expect to see a lot of the recent GeniePoint ones in the UK go the same way?
Was the problem a safety problem, or a security problem (e.g. free vend software bug, payment terminal leaking credentials).
By the fact that they're actually physically removing them, it looks like the Izivia arm of EDF though they were too much of a risk.
All the quickchargers concerned will be removed according to a schedule which will be defined shortly. In addition, IZIVIA wishes to replace some of these terminals.

·
Registered
308 Posts
There is a statement on their web site.

On a recent trip to Geneva and back a few weeks ago, I remember only using one of the Corri-Door units. I did check quite a few along the way and they were similarly displaying a sign saying they were out of action.

I understand that they will be replacing some of the affected units to maintain 40 - 50 in the network. These units will be at strategic points along auto-routes to ensure as wide a coverage as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts