Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

My egolf is heading to production this week. Just wanted to see if all you helpful people who had factory order vehicles, how long did you wait from when it entered production to when it arrived at the dealer for collection? A quick forum search suggested it was about 4 weeks! is that correct with you all?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine was very fast compared to others I've seen posted before. Took around 2 weeks from entering build to me collecting the car.

Into build week of 26/8
Left factory 30/8
Arrived in UK port 5/9
Arrived with dealer 10/9
Collected 11/9

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine was in production last week, had a text on Wednesday morning at 8:25 to say it was at stage 5a (In Transit: Left Factory). Didn’t get a stage 4 in build text.

I’ve not heard anything since, I guess it’s sat at the docks waiting for a boat (our cars may even end up on the same boat over). I’ll post when I get more updates, I guess yours should be about a week behind mine at worst?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about from ordered to drive away? Any idea? Just placed my order last Thursday.
about 2-3 months I reckon. I ordered early sept and should be going into build this week. I think jim ordered a week later but his has swum thru build very quickly!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered on the 5th Sept and got an order number on the 6th. (Not sure which day the dealer actually ‘placed’ the order!)

But I did ‘tweak’ the order a day later (added the active info display) so that might have altered the usual schedule.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We got ours in 2 weeks from order on lease. It was in stock though. I couldn't go through another 16 week wait -I did it earlier this year with my ICE.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What was the estimated delivery time for you when you placed the order?
originally the dealer said end of November beginning of December, so I guess they were around 4 weeks more pessimistic than reality. (All being well, it could all still go horribly wrong!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can't be disappointed with that. I have mine with an estimated delivery in January, second half at the latest. I hope to get to find out when it's going to be exactly so I can time it perfectly of selling the car I own at the moment.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
originally the dealer said end of November beginning of December, so I guess they were around 4 weeks more pessimistic than reality. (All being well, it could all still go horribly wrong!)
Any update on your order Jim? I'm still stuck at stage 3 despite the build week apparently being 14th October!

1 - 20 of 169 Posts