Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
The turnout for this event was super especially considering the grotty weather.

A great way to show the public that EVs are a great alternative for many people NOW.

I hope there will be many more local events like this one bringing a chance for the public to see a range of EVs and to talk to real owners.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Looks like a great meeting, would have loved to have popped down but couldnt make it, that Leaf looks nice in grey too! and who was it in the Model S?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
The Model S was with Malcolm Burgess who's responsible for "Structural Concepts and Vehicle Dynamics" at Tesla. He is over from California and borrowed that car from Tesla UK for the event.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The Model S was with Malcolm Burgess who's responsible for "Structural Concepts and Vehicle Dynamics" at Tesla. He is over from California and borrowed that car from Tesla UK for the event.
Ahh of course! ha ha i had forgot he was the speaker! E Geeza is that your Leaf? really like that colour! must try and make the next meeting, I was going to come but had an MRI scan rescheduled at short notice, which wasnt as much fun but interesting none the less! ha ha.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
There was a problem with the venue and so he didn't really do a speak as such... we were all standing in the drizzle :(

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
The whole evening was very positive and I didn't even hear a single comment about the constant heavy drizzle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The event was opened by the mayor of Frome, Peter Macfadyen, who said he wants to have charging points at the venue, a large Arts Centre and meeting hall in the town centre, the same place as the town's biggest car park. He posted a photo on Twitter -- https://twitter.com/TheMayorofFrome

Also prominent was Anna Francis (a town council employee I believe) who is working on a car-share scheme for the town which will feature electric cars. Clearly a forward-thinking town council.

A salesman from a local-ish Nissan dealer attended in a white Leaf, having seen mentions of the event online. An advantage of a demonstrator car is that the doors & bonnet can be kept open during intermittent drizzle!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts