Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Using VCDS I have managed to add the option on MIB to turn DRL’s on and off.
They automatically come back on when low beam is being used.
Is there a way to turn them off when using low beam as well.
Also is there a way of having side lights on all the time ( as DRL’s)
Mk7.5 2018 GTE
Thank you

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
On a similar topic, the GTE is the only car I have driven that when turning on the "side lights" only - the main dash panel cluster is not illuminated ??.
The climate control panel is - but not the main drivers dash panel ????.
If the headlight switch is set in the "Automatic" mode then when the headlights are called, the main cluster is activated - but when selecting the side lights ONLY no cluster lighting.
This is a crazy situation I.M.H.O. - sometimes you only require side lights, e.g. crawling through traffic in a town centre at night when you require ALL of the side lights on, but not the bright LED headlights.
You still require the cluster lighting to check your important instruments but can only have this facility IF you have the headlights on - mad !.
I have asked if these can be enabled via V.C.D.S. but I have been told that this is not in the menu.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a similar topic, the GTE is the only car I have driven that when turning on the "side lights" only - the main dash panel cluster is not illuminated ??.
The climate control panel is - but not the main drivers dash panel ????.
If the headlight switch is set in the "Automatic" mode then when the headlights are called, the main cluster is activated - but when selecting the side lights ONLY no cluster lighting.
This is a crazy situation I.M.H.O. - sometimes you only require side lights, e.g. crawling through traffic in a town centre at night when you require ALL of the side lights on, but not the bright LED headlights.
You still require the cluster lighting to check your important instruments but can only have this facility IF you have the headlights on - mad !.
I have asked if these can be enabled via V.C.D.S. but I have been told that this is not in the menu.
I've actually never noticed that, only if I was able to translate the German adaption menu in vcds. I would really like to know how to disable the "c" shape lights when low beam is switched on.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree with Carty - Stupid to have no lights on dash with sides lights on, but then again, I don't drive with just sides on anyway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's designed like that - to make you realise that you haven't got headlights on if you set of in the dark with just sides on...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's designed like that - to make you realise that you haven't got headlights on if you set of in the dark with just sides on...
Just been in the vehicle , my car has a virtual cockpit so evehtnjng is lit up on “side lights” including all door panel lighting, gear shift surround and MIB.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Just been in the vehicle , my car has a virtual cockpit so evehtnjng is lit up on “side lights” including all door panel lighting, gear shift surround and MIB.
See - That's how I think it should be :).
If it's that way on a newer 7.5 model, why should it be different on the previous Mk 7 model ????.
I.M.O. - I don't think the early Mk 7 models where intended to be that way, I think it was a programming oversight, otherwise why would it differ on the newer model then !.
On my car, if you turn on the side lights, no dash light - but, turn on the front fogs & guess what !.
The dash panel cluster lights up - so go figure that !.
Typical VW - No consistency :mad:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts