Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, you guessed it from the title. Just had to drop family off and was sat in second place at uphill traffic lights. Without warning the old tw4t in front starts rolling backwards. I鈥檓 leaning on my horn for 3 seconds or more before the inevitable crunch 馃槚

How the hell can you a) not realise you鈥檙e moving and b) not hear the horn blasting from behind you 馃が

Anyway, the bumper and paint did a fantastic job. No damage whatsoever luckily. Just lots of bad language and gesturing 馃槫

Registered
Be kind. One day, you might be that old twat in front. A fortunate escape for you. Congratulations, and thanks for letting us know about the e-Niro's resilience.

Registered
Be kind. One day, you might be that old twat in front. A fortunate escape for you. Congratulations, and thanks for letting us know about the e-Niro's resilience.
Though if it were me, i鈥檇 quit driving - it should be a clear sign
(Everyone should be retested with some amount of regularity)

Registered
I hope you got the insurance details. Even with very low speed impacts, a radar re-calibration is almost certainly required. It doesn't take alot to move the radar and it can give a false reading. Could be the difference between hitting a car/cyclist/pedestrian and missing. I strongly advise you have the car looked at.

Registered
Was once on the other side of this.
I pulled up into a parking space in my works van (no back window) I put the handbrake on, but if didn't catch. In the time it took me to catch it with the foot brake is bumped the car that had parked behind me. Guy was or and went apeshit.

Couldn't quite comprehend why he thought pulling up that close behind a van that was still parking and had no rear visibility was a good idea...

Sent using Tapatalk (I'm on my phone so sorry for any auto correct screwups)

Registered
* I will say, I think there鈥檚 a reasonable distance to leave between you & the vehicle in front, I鈥檓 not sure if there鈥檚 any specifics in the Highway Code (other than in a tunnel, but everyone ignores that also), but when I learnt, I was told you should be able to see the tyre of the vehicle in-front... although I can appreciate, that in real life you鈥檙e better off closer than further away to mitigate damage 馃お

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
When you can sit and watch and then blow your horn 5 or 6 times I think that鈥檚 enough distance :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts