Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for the last couple of days I've been getting a message saying that the front camera is blocked. Does anyone know where the front camera is situated? For the life of me I can't find it. Thanks Michel

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,922 Posts
They're usually attached to the rear view mirror looking forward out of a swept area of the windscreen.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think if you look at your windscreen from the outside you can see it at the top of the windscreen in the middle.

I’ve noticed low winter sun can trigger that warning.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I’ve noticed low winter sun can trigger that warning.
I have witnessed the very same thing on about two occasions.
The first time it happened, was when we where travelling along and there was a massive black cloud in the sky.
Then all of a sudden, there was a gap in the cloud and brilliant sun shine hit the front of the car head on !.
Instantly we received the warning on the dash panel and the usual “Bong” !.
After a few seconds it cleared the warning !.
I think the sudden burst of strong sun, just caught the camera out napping !.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I think you are right the low sun seems to affect it. Cheers Michel

·
Registered
223 Posts
My wife had this message constantly for about 10 miles, when driving in the dark on a dry but mirky night last week. I suspect it was a patch of water on the windscreen in the area of the camera (behind the rear-view mirror). I drove the car home and used the windscreen wipers before we set off - no more message.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I used to get this all the time for the first 300 miles. Now it does not do it at all. I think for the first few hundred miles the camera calibrates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this issue for the first time today, weather has been sub zero overnight. The windscreen directly in front of the camera (within sealed unit) has been fogged up anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes I have had the problem of camera blocked message tonight. I am also experiencing excessive interior moisture on the windows and I suspect this maybe causing the problem . I will have a good look tomorrow in daylight.

I also experienced non engagement of the cruise control and could not see why until I noticed the tailgate was not fully closed. Page 188 of the manual states that any open door or tailgate inhibits the ACC.....Chinese logic??

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
T
Yes I have had the problem of camera blocked message tonight. I am also experiencing excessive interior moisture on the windows and I suspect this maybe causing the problem . I will have a good look tomorrow in daylight.

I also experienced non engagement of the cruise control and could not see why until I noticed the tailgate was not fully closed. Page 188 of the manual states that any open door or tailgate inhibits the ACC.....Chinese logic??
The problem with the ACC, could that not also be related to the camera also ?.
Just a thought !.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,120 Posts
Page 188 of the manual states that any open door or tailgate inhibits the ACC.....Chinese logic??
Maybe MG, quite rightly, assume your too stoopid to use ACC if you can't even shut all the doors before driving off?

·
Registered
70 Posts
T

The problem with the ACC, could that not also be related to the camera also ?.
Just a thought !.
Good point but the ACC non engagement did not occurr on the same trip and lane control, which uses the camera, worked ok when the ACC did not engage.
The tailgate looked closed on the outside but had obiviously not completely locked and the door warning light was not on . I only noticed the tailgate being sensed open whrn the car power was recycled and it did the system scan.

The odd point is why did the system not keep bonging that the tailgate was not completely closed?....I suppose there could be an occassion when the tailgate is deliberately open when carrying a long load perhaps .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts