Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to remove the front mats for cleaning today but could not remove the the plastic securing buttons, Tried pushing the inner part also turning the outer part anti-clockwise but nothing works.
Please can you help, thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine were very tight also, but basically they are just like a press stud, if yours are the same as mine, I tried to pull as near as I could to the plastic button, I was just a bit fearful in case I tore the mat, they do seam a bit flimsy.
Gary

·
Registered
67 Posts
Some months back this topic came up here in the USA on the Chevy Volt as to the general inferior quality of the connectors for the factory floor mats. I tried, unsuccessfully, to find the thread again. My recollection is that the connectors used by VW are the same size and of more rugged construction allowing for frequent removal and re-installation of the mats after cleaning. I believe the factory connectors can be removed and upgraded to the VW ones. I don't recall if this was done with a pop rivet tool however. Someone more computer savvy then me could check the web site http://gm-volt.com. Chevy Volt also makes a rear cargo area mat that is very durable and great if you are hauling liquids that might spill like petrol products.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your advice. I have managed to remove the front mats as per your instructions without damaging them or the carpet underneath but should they be a problem in the future worth knowing about the VW ones.
The cargo liner is a listed spare for the Volt in the UK but have not seen it for the Vauxhall Ampera, it is still early days, the car was only released on 1st May 2012.
Great that we are getting volt owners from the USA on this forum, your input and expertees is much appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts