Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up our new e-Niro 4 yesterday and enjoying the car so far. One thing that seems to be missing is that when I park the car on the road you only see the front parking sensors displayed when in reverse (alongside the rearview camera), there doesn’t seem to be a way to display the front parking sensors when moving forwards into the space. The beeps work, but seems odd you can’t choose to see them when not in reverse. On our old BMW, you simply pressed the parking sensor switch to display them, but this doesn’t appear to work on the Niro. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
493 Posts
On the First Edition there is a switch in the centre console to turn them on. The 4 probably has too. Edit: clearly I am not yet awake since my comment does not address the question. Please ignore it. I can't find a way to delete it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Front sensors are audible only. There is an option to keep the reverse camera and sensor display on until a set speed e.g. 3 point turning so display doesn't keep switching each time you change from reverse to forward but I haven't seen if the front sensor display activates in this mode. If you were to only manoeuvre in drive then you only get audible front beep.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
276 Posts
Surely when you are going forwards, the last thing you want to be looking at is the LCD screen?
For that reason it seems very logical to me.
Peter

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
100 Posts
Surely when you are going forwards, the last thing you want to be looking at is the LCD screen?
For that reason it seems very logical to me.
Peter
corsa-e automatically brings up the sensor screen when passing close to traffic on a tight road, and when driving up to something. Its fairly handy

·
Registered
65 Posts
In my e-N 4 when I press the parking sensor switch on the left of the drive mode knob, I get a graphic on the screen that becomes Green, orange, red and beeps as I move forward.

·
Registered
104 Posts
In my e-N 4 when I press the parking sensor switch on the left of the drive mode knob, I get a graphic on the screen that becomes Green, orange, red and beeps as I move forward.
I concur.
Still I find it annoying to have to press that switch each time. I’m sure it won’t be long before dear wife can’t be bothered and scrapes the wall at the entrance of our driveway

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the same car but you don't have to press the button every time you want front sensors on. If at certain low speed (can't remember what speed, it says in manual) , you turn on the parking sensor button and small yellow light appears on button. It turns off when you speed up but when parking again at low speed it automatically comes on. I can only get the graphic of the sensors along with the rear camera view. If you change settings on the main 10" screen not cluster panel to allow rear camera to stay on until you drive off at speed then the small graphic will show both rear and front sensors when you slowly move forwards or backwards. Without this setting the graphic disappears as soon as in drive mode and you get audible beeps for forwards warning only. There's no dedicated forward sensor graphic only.

·
Registered
219 Posts
corsa-e automatically brings up the sensor screen when passing close to traffic on a tight road, and when driving up to something. Its fairly handy
I had that on my last Mercedes, most annoying thing in world on M25 at rush hour. Someone comes too close to bumper as happens frequently and you get beeping. I for one am grateful the e-niro does not do this, and turning them on manually is a better option if you know width of car (from someone who lives in suffolk with many many single track roads with passing places). It also frequently beeped on the those and was FAR more annoying than the LKAS on the niro.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m not sure what everyone describing now. If I press the button I always get the small display right in front of me as I approach anything. I agree that the bigger display in the centre is related to the RV camera but in all honesty I never look there when I'm going forwards.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I concur.
Still I find it annoying to have to press that switch each time. I’m sure it won’t be long before dear wife can’t be bothered and scrapes the wall at the entrance of our driveway
Tried it yesterday. I don't think you need to press the switch each time. I pressed it once and it seems to remember the setting the next time you start the car. I prefer it always on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts