Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a front and rear dash cam set? If so, does the rear camera interfere with the DAB signal?

As an aside, is there any 'technical' way to access and record what the front and rear MG EV cameras already 'see' rather than installing 2 new cameras?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I can't comment on this car, but I've had issues with an after-market DAB installation in an ICE. The new DAB worked fine in the drive, until I tried to go for a drive. After a lot of tearing out of hair I've found that the main culprit is the 12v/USB adapters and the noise they put out. I've swapped them all (3 or them) for Anker ones with metal bodies, and hung clip-on ferrite suppressors on every USB lead - one at each end. That has just about done the trick.

So, ensure that you have good quality 12v adapters and a bag of clip on ferrites before you start.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yes, phone chargers can radiate a lot of radio frequency noise. I replaced one which caused audible hiss on an FM channel with a decent anker one and the noise disappeared.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I cover front camera installation in my latest video. I plan on fitting a rear camera soon. I will document that as well.

MG ZS EV after 2 months and 3000 miles & dash cam install

1 - 4 of 4 Posts