Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,780 Posts
This just typifies the dreadful Kia manuals. They are so full of irrelevant, superfluous repetitive warnings. The manual for mine is about 75% more pages than it needed to be. All set out in no logical sequence. Very hard to read, very hard to find anything that you may actually need. I’ve only looked at it a couple of times in 2 years. Frankly it just gives me a headache. Great cars, but absolutely rubbish manuals IMHO. Peter

·
Registered
48 Posts
This just typifies the dreadful Kia manuals. They are so full of irrelevant, superfluous repetitive warnings. The manual for mine is about 75% more pages than it needed to be. All set out in no logical sequence. Very hard to read, very hard to find anything that you may actually need. I’ve only looked at it a couple of times in 2 years. Frankly it just gives me a headache. Great cars, but absolutely rubbish manuals IMHO. Peter
I'll bet someone has actually done it and come to harm, though.

We got an airfryer yesterday that had quite a good instruction manual but also a separate piece of paper printed in red saying " do not put the appliance inside an oven". I wonder who did it.

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV 4 (soon!)
184 Posts
I'll bet someone has actually done it and come to harm, though.

We got an airfryer yesterday that had quite a good instruction manual but also a separate piece of paper printed in red saying " do not put the appliance inside an oven". I wonder who did it.
That's always my first thought. You know these warning are driven by lawyers not the manufacturers.

Somebody somewhere tried to claim compensation on an air fryer that broke or burnt them after they put it in an oven 🤦‍♂️:rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
There was a microwave oven warning "Not for drying pets".
I think a lot of the stupid warning have come about from us being a very litigious society and the try to cover their backsides as much as possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I downloaded the pdf and use CTRL-F to find what I'm looking for. Works rather well I think. But I agree with your lament that it's full of variations on the "don't do anything stupid" warnings... The problem is that this attitude is slowly creeping into our daily conversations. I think that, after the climate crisis, risk-avoidance is the greatest risk for humanity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts